Problem USB Ports

Options
2»

Answers

• eric12205
    eric12205 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

R3-471 Series

I was having an issue where no USB ports worked. I used a paperclip to push the reset button on the bottom of my laptop (the battery disconnect). This immediately resolved the issue for me.

I had previously uninstalled the USB ports in the device manager, and let the computer reinstall them on a restart. This was ineffective for me. 

• chineduodu
    chineduodu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Very annoying this, my old acer had the same problem and I had to use only one USB drive for a year and half until I replaced it with my Aspire V13 Touch last October. Now the same USB drives are dead and there's no solution. Have tried uninstalling drivers, on device manager, changing the Registry Key (Microsoft Workaround), the pin reset and nothing has worked.
  • DancingAbberration
    DancingAbberration Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I've got an Aspire V13 Touch as well. The two usb ports on the right have NEVER worked. Even fresh out of the box. I've just been using the left side port for my mouse, but I'm working more from home now and would really like to be able to plug in my portable harddrive and still use the real mouse (the touchpad has never really been my jam). I've tried the uninstalling/restarting trick, I've tried updating drivers, I've tried changing the power save options, none of them work.

I haven't tried the reset button.. does that delete everything you have on the harddrive? I can't do that unless I purchase another portable harddrive, since my current one is full (part of why I want to have it plugged in at the same time as the mouse, so I can consolidate!). If I'm gonna buy a new harddrive, I might as well buy a new computer. And not an Acer next time.

This is ridiculous, and the fact it seems to happen to so many people and there's no actual answer is not making me appreciate Acer...
  • Alexfield
    Alexfield Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I got ACER Aspire E 15 E5-575G. Just after the warranty was over (2 years) one of the two USB 3.0 ports stopped working. Tried removing the battery. Pushed the reset switch. The issue was not solved. After a short investigation with the multimeter I found it: The pin Data+ is short circuited to Ground. I was not able to find any visible cause. The USB port still can be used to charge my phone, but no data transfer is possible anymore. I hope the other USB 3.0 port will keep working.