Acer Swift SF314-55G - Intel UHD Graphics 620 Not Updating

jeryhen
jeryhen Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, friends . . .

I have Swift SF314-55G, running Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763). I've installed the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to keep the Intel hardware updated. The assistant works perfectly fine on my other laptop (an Asus), it checks, downloads and installs updates frequently without problems. But on my Acer laptop, the Intel UHD Graphics 620 faces a problem during updates installation.

It says "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." I've checked the driver section of Acer's website, I can't find any specific driver downloads for the Intel UHD Graphics for my Acer model. Then I checked the Acer Care Center through the system tray, there is a section for Updates, but I can't find any information about what it updates: Does it only update the OS (Windows 10)? Or does it also updates the drivers for the Intel hardware?

Please help.

Answers

• KhianOrlandJuan
    KhianOrlandJuan Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I think downloading manually from the intel website may solve your problem:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620

• Machiel
    Machiel Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. Intel won't let me install the driver from there website because Intel say's that there is a 3th part driver installed by Acer and installing the driver from the intel website can cause problems on my pc. And the problem is that Acer not had made an option to download a new driver (there is no new driver on Acer's support site). At this moment I can not run my Cyberlink PowerDirector (video editing) because the driver must be updated. My PowerDirector keep crashing because the driver is out of date. ( the Acer/Intel driver is from about Februar 2018).
  • jeryhen
    jeryhen Member Posts: 3 New User
    Just want to follow-up: The driver on Acer website is version 24.20.100.6195, and the one on Intel website is version 25.20.100.6444.

Are any Acer tech support involved in these forums? I really wonder why the delay, though.
  • ccl2003
    ccl2003 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I think downloading manually from the intel website may solve your problem:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620

I have already tried this method and still no luck. It looks like Acer has locked the Intel graphics driver or something.
  • Enamur
    Enamur Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited August 2019
    Acer definitely needs to update the graphic driver of Swift 3 series laptops. Mine is SF315-51 and its UHD 620 driver is stuck at 23.20.16.5038 which is dated to June, 2018 😛
    The OS is updated with latest 1903 build but the GPU cannot be because it is OEM customized.
    Last year I mailed about the GPU (which has late 2017 build) to Acer UK support and they said they were working on it. Then the aforementioned one came to release in late November, 2018. Pathetic. If the Acer Staff don't collaborate in this specific forum and we need to hammer them through e-mail then it is such a shame.
    There is a trick to install latest Intel GPU drivers (search a bit in this community) which installs and works just fine. However, last time I installed the latest one the GPU Menu was nowhere to be found. Then I reverted back to this age old Acer official GPU driver.