Acer Nitro 5 Screen Problem with Picture

X7RDD
X7RDD Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I recently purchased an Acer Nitro 5 and I have now noticed it has a problem with the screen. When you first start it up the screen has lines through it which eventually fade away after a little while but I think it may be getting worse. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Answers

• Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    First step, if it’s not too inconvenient, is to take it back to the store for warranty. Also, contact Acer support.
  • X7RDD
    Hahaha said:
    First step, if it’s not too inconvenient, is to take it back to the store for warranty. Also, contact Acer support.
    Is there any chance of it being software related? The chap I brought it off said it was fine and it was fine when I looked at it. Then when I got home I reset it so it was as it was if I had brought it new and now this has happened.
  • Hahaha
    Try this to see if it’s a hardware or software problem- reboot the laptop and enter BIOS. If there are still lines appearing then it is hardware related. When it restarts, as soon as the logo appears, press F2. That should be the key to enter BIOS.
  • X7RDD
    Hahaha said:
    Try this to see if it’s a hardware or software problem- reboot the laptop and enter BIOS. If there are still lines appearing then it is hardware related. When it restarts, as soon as the logo appears, press F2. That should be the key to enter BIOS.
    Ok thanks, I will try this tonight and let you know what happens
  • X7RDD
    Hahaha said:
    Still did it in BIOS :-1: whats the next thing the try? Thanks 
  • Hahaha
    Ok so the problem persists even in BIOS. Then it’s a hardware problem. There is a fix I found on the web but I will not recommend you to tinker with your laptop at the moment as the moment you pop it open, you will void the warranty. Best route is to contact Acer for warranty and/or discuss it with an authorised service centre(if there isn’t one nearby, go to the store where you bought it).
  • Hahaha
    edited May 2019
    By the way did you buy it from a store or is it a used one bought from someone else ? If it’s used, warranty service will depend on the date of purchase(by him) and what he might have done with it.
  • X7RDD
    Hahaha said:
    Ok so the problem persists even in BIOS. Then it’s a hardware problem. There is a fix I found on the web but I will not recommend you to tinker with your laptop at the moment as the moment you pop it open, you will void the warranty. Best route is to contact Acer for warranty and/or discuss it with an authorised service centre(if there isn’t one nearby, go to the store where you bought it).
    As I purchased it off someone on Gumtree I doubt I have any warranty anyway?
  • Hahaha
    X7RDD said:
    Hahaha said:
    As I purchased it off someone on Gumtree I doubt I have any warranty anyway?
    Oh...did you get the original receipt of his purchase and any papers related to warranty..?
  • Hahaha
    I can share you the site that explains the fix but it’s not a very good idea unless you have some experience and knowledge in this thing.
  • X7RDD
    Hahaha said:
    I can share you the site that explains the fix but it’s not a very good idea unless you have some experience and knowledge in this thing.
    Well I'll have a look but I might just have to take it to someone who knows what they are doing 
  • Hahaha
    Yes that is safer.