Acer spin 1 sp111-31-c2w3 not charging the battery

PapaG
PapaG Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
@egydiocoelho  my spin 1 started this today after the latest windows update It my be a different issue but my system is plugged in battery at 92% and it shows the the system is plugged in not charging, system powers up no problem even boots and runs when power is unplugged by running off the battery, but battery does not charge. could the battery have gone bad and is there a way to check it.
THANKS
George s s

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @PapaG
    Try to uninstall the battery drivers and restart the unit and check

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • PapaG

Tinkerer

@Jack22 thanks I will try that when I get home tonight.
  • Try uninstalling this two drivers, see:

Also try resetting the battery:

https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PapaG

Tinkerer

well I uninstalled the battery and power drivers, shut down the system, used the battery disconnect left the system unplugged for about 5 min. plugged in and the amber charge light came on, left the system alone for an hour hit the power button the system powered on and the battery light went out logged into windows still have the same issue plugged in not charging.

@egydiocoelho @jack22 do you know if the battery charge module is on the motherboard or the power board.
    I know the battery is plugged into the motherboard I checked all the wires to the battery they all look good.
    Thanks for your help
  • What is the version uefi?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PapaG

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    UEFI version ACRSYS - 3
    Name V1.11
    I left the system powered off and plugged in with the charge light was on for a while, the amber light was on for a wile not sure how long it was on, seen that the light was no longer on so I powered the system on this morning and still battery not charged showed battery is still at 91% not charging.
    will the uefi version matter if the system is powered down?
    Thanks George

• You said at the beginning of the topic that this problem occurred after the windows update, correct? have you tried updating the drivers on the intel and nvidia site to see if it solves the problem? Also, have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PapaG

Tinkerer

ACRSYS - 3", "V1.11", "INSYDE Corp. - 57301111
    ReleaseDate 20180627000000.000000+000
  • Yes, this is the firmware date uefi! Have you tried my tips from the previous post?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PapaG

Tinkerer

You said at the beginning of the topic that this problem occurred after the windows update, correct? have you tried updating the drivers on the intel and nvidia site to see if it solves the problem? Also, have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    I haven't tried either yet, I was hoping to not have to do a reset of the system until last resort, I have tried to update drivers but windows keeps saying latest drivers are installed, I am going to try to roll back windows so this may take awhile so I will let you know what happens.
    Thanks  
  • Ok! Post the result here! We recommend that you back up the files as a precaution!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PapaG

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho we can mark this one closed, OK I have no idea what the issue was or is, but the system has charged up to 100%.

Now let me say, I am a firm believer  in unplugging my lap top after the battery is fully charged, that said, this whole time the battery was never below 91% is was at 92% when I plugged the system back in for the update, I never update unless it is plugged in. this morning I was going to let the battery die out as low as possible to see if that would help, I then seen your post post about the windows reinstall, my last resort, the battery at 88%.

I powered the system off plugged in back in the charge light came on after about 3 seconds and staid on for the full boot cycle, I logged into windows and the battery indicator showed plugged in, Charging, then popped up and said 20 min. to fully charged, it is now fully charged and a blue charge light is on.  :o

Like I said I do not know what the issue was or is, but it is working as for now, thanks to both you @egydiocoelho
    and @Jack22 for all your help. :)
    PapaG (aka George)
  • Maybe the electrical outlet was in trouble? Do you connect the notebook directly to a properly grounded electrical outlet?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PapaG

Tinkerer

Maybe the electrical outlet was in trouble? Do you connect the notebook directly to a properly grounded electrical outlet?
    @egydiocoelho yes the outlet is the same on I have been using since I bought it.
  • I think some of the tips I told you have helped you solve the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• click yes to accept my answer and end the topic!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer