Acer Aspire V5-531 - OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

andre212
andre212 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi. Yesterday, when I opened my laptop, on the screen it showed the error “operating system not found”. I searched for solutions on Google and on this site and none worked. I do not have the windows cd anymore. I have windows 7 on this pc though. 
I tried to open a menu with ALT+F10 but it didnt work. I opened the BIOS MENU and next to HDD 0 was nothing, the HDD model and serial number were not showing.
I also tried to change the secure boot from UEFI to LEGACY, and the sata mode from AHCI to IDE. None worked. 
After that, I moved HDD 0 from the second line to the first one, in the priority order, because thats what I’ve been told by a guy that works in IT.
When I went to show him what happened, the laptop had nothing, it opened almost

Edited the image as Serial # was shown - Acer David.

normaly, only lagging.
The problem is, now it happened again, after 2 days. 
In these two days, the laptop was lagging like never and I have no idea what to do! 
Is the hard disk broken?

Because RIGHT NOW, while writing this message, I rebooted the laptop and the HDD 0 is Hitachi HT... etc and the HDD is finally showing AKA it is working.

NEVERMIND
IT IS NOT WORKING AGAIN!
 What can I do to avoid this problem?
Please help me, its my mother’s laptop and I need to finish my projects so I can return it to her! 
Ps: Please explain step by step because I dont know everything about this subject
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello! First you do a power reset! To do this, disconnect the notebook from the electrical outlet, and then disconnect the lithium battery. Then press the power button for thirty seconds and check if the problem remains!
    If the problem persists, be sure to disconnect the hd and reconnect it if it solves the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Hello! First you do a power reset! To do this, disconnect the notebook from the electrical outlet, and then disconnect the lithium battery. Then press the power button for thirty seconds and check if the problem remains!
    If the problem persists, be sure to disconnect the hd and reconnect it if it solves the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andre212
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for answering!
    I disconnected the battery and the error still shows. How do i disconnect the hd?
  • Is your notebook still under warranty? You need to open the notebook to check the hd connection, see:
    https://youtu.be/aFVZT15fRg4

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andre212
    How do I disconnect the HD??

• you should check the video!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andre212
    No, it is not.egydiocoelho said:
    Is your notebook still under warranty? You need to open the notebook to check the hd connection, see:
    https://youtu.be/aFVZT15fRg4

• Have you checked the hd? Tried to put another hd to check if the problem persists?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andre212
    I do not have another HD! 
    Also, I am afraid to disconnect it.
    thanks for your help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited May 2019
    I see that your HDD is not identified here:

Edited the image as Serial # was shown - Acer David

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Paul10ru
    Paul10ru Member Posts: 28

Tinkerer

I have the same problem. Tryin to change hdd to ssd but its unhapped. The old just working propertly but the laptop dont`s see another one. I was trying 6 or 7 diifferent ssd and hdd:
    HDD - 500gb wd blue, 320gb samsung
    SSD - Kingston 128gb hyperx, A-Data 128 gb, Crucial 128gb, KingDian 128gb, KingSpec 128gb.
    Nothing works. Sometimes i saw harddrive in bios and instalation runs but after some time its freeze and no progress. Sometimes a see the same picture. I was trien to diconnect power and take out a bios battery but no results.
    Is anybody knows whats the problem is? I think that it is the something locking for another hard drive in the system is present. Is anybody knows?