Headset not working Nitro 5

Options
RJLICRUZ
RJLICRUZ Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited November 2019 in Nitro Gaming
Hi everyone so I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset with a built in mic and it does not seem to work with my Nitro 5 laptop. I can hear audio through my headset but the mic i hear i from the built in one from laptop. I also do not see anymore the pop up when I plug it in the jack. Any suggestions what to do? Thanks

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Plug in the headset and then click the black icon:

Select the microphone headset option!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RJLICRUZ
    Options
    Do i set it as headset or headphone for the mic to work? thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Select both options and test!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RJLICRUZ
    Options
    Ok so i got it to recognize the headset but the mic still seems to not work.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'd like to see this input from your headset:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RJLICRUZ
    Options
    How would I know the difference between the last two? it has 3 stripes in it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Have you selected the headset option? Do you already group of microphones here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RJLICRUZ
    Options
    Already set it to headset, haven't tried doing the other pic
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Also, have you already upgraded the audio drivers? Can you tell the model of the headset and the exact model of your nitro 5? example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RJLICRUZ
    Options
    yup upgraded drivers, Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 and my headset is HyperX Cloud Stinger
  • RJLICRUZ
    Options
    Also have no option to set as seen in second picture 
  • RJLICRUZ
    Options
    also right now the mic audio is coming from "Microphone Array" and not Headset Microphone
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does your headset have this button?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RJLICRUZ
    Options
    nope i dont have it also i think the mic seems to work now the microphone array switches from built in mic to the headset one
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Has the problem really been solved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mikeemeneses
    mikeemeneses Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi! I had the same issue with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42.

This method worked for me.

Windows key >> Search Privacy Settings >> Microphone >> TURN ON "Allow apps to access your microphone".

Hope this helps!
  • medvemacko
    medvemacko Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. Acer Aspire A515-51G and HyperX Cloud Pro. Tried with all the possibilities on the first panel. In the sound setting there's only one possibility for sound and microphone as well. I have the button on the headset, and the mic is turned on. Allow apps to access your microphone is also turned on. Realtek driver and Windows 10 are the latest versions.
  • Munji
    Munji Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, I'm having the same prblem. I have Hyperx Alpha Clouds, and the headset microphone is not being shown by realtek or windows. please help!!!!
  • rudyv101
    rudyv101 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    I am having the same problem as well, has anyone got a fix?

• Springwater
    Springwater Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I have tried so many things to try and fix this issue and nothing has worked I even got a replacement and it has the same issue I truly have no clue how to fix it and nothing has worked. I will say for a short amount of time it didn’t recognize the mic but it worked, about a day later it went back to not working. The only hope I have for this issue going away is if an update fixes it.