My Swift SF315-52's brightness is stuck. What should I do?

Munir
Munir Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I was using my laptop earlier today and tried changing its brightness but it wouldn't change. Earlier it was working perfectly fine. I checked for driver updates as well but to no benefit. I restarted my laptop and even tried troubleshooting the hardware but nothing works. I am running the updated 1809 windows 10 version, and the graphics card is intel 620 UHD

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try uninstalling and deleting the intel video driver and restart the notebook:

Then uninstall and reinstall acer quick access!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Munir

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Thanks this worked :)
  • MMillar
    MMillar Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hi, has this worked as a permanent fix? After performing similar fixes the problem quickly re appeared. 
  • Munir

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    The issue has resolved. Not facing it anymore after the BIOS update

Answers

• Who does the brightness control on the notebook monitor is the Intel video card! I suggest you download the most current drivers on the Intel site!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Munir

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Who does the brightness control on the notebook monitor is the Intel video card! I suggest you download the most current drivers on the Intel site!

Hi. I did go to Intel's website and checked for updates. It said that the drivers are up to date.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Munir

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Thanks this worked :)
  • You are welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MMillar

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hi, has this worked as a permanent fix? After performing similar fixes the problem quickly re appeared. 
  • Munir

Tinkerer

MMillar said:
    Yes it's working fine for me. At times it does give trouble but a restart resolves the issue
  • MMillar

Tinkerer

Yeah, the problem appears after the laptop has been to sleep restarting has always fixed the issue temporarily. So not a permanent fix? Thanks 
  • Munir

Tinkerer

MMillar said:
    Yeah, the problem appears after the laptop has been to sleep restarting has always fixed the issue temporarily. So not a permanent fix? Thanks 
    No there is no permanent fix. I am also struggling with the same issue. I am also facing lags these days after the laptop turns on from sleep. 
  • MMillar

Tinkerer

I intend to send mine off for repair. 
  • Munir

Tinkerer

I can't. The country I live in has no Acer outlet or store. It is disappointing to see such issues come up with no proper fix
  • What version of uefi (new bios) do you have installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Munir

Tinkerer

No idea. I bought the laptop a month ago. Just updated it using the Windows update assistant to windows 10 version 1809.
  • What is the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Munir

Tinkerer

What is the bios version?
    it is v 1.07
  • You have tried to update the drivers on the intel website and also the uefi, to verify if it solves the problemw...

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Munir

Tinkerer

I did. At times it works fine at times it gets stuck again and unless I restart it doesn't allow me to change the brightness
  • Have you tried updating the bios? Know that it is an extremely risky procedure and I will not be liable for any damages!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Munir

Tinkerer

Yes I just did after you asked me what version I am using. Updated it to v1. 08 from 1.07. now let's see if the issue persists. However, just for my own understanding, does bios version really affect stuff like this? 
  • Some versions of bios can rather solve problems with energy and video settings!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer