Cannot adjust the brightness of my Acer Swift 3.

ragizaki
ragizaki Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently bought an Acer Swift 3, model number SF314-52, and everything was working perfectly. However, my FN button randomly stopped working for the brightness, and I can't seem to adjust my brightness at all. I looked online and it told me to install the latest Intel Drivers, but in Device Manager it says that Windows disable the UHD Graphics 620 because it has reported a problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer

• ragizaki
    Answer ✓
    I finally managed to fix the issue by updating my drivers. For those of you who have similar problems, follow these simple steps.

1. Look for your model number on Acer's drivers website, (e.g. Swift 3-52)
    2. Download the VGA driver (either Intel or Nvidia's drivers, depends on which one your graphics card is made by)
    3. Unzip/extract the file after downloading it.
    4. Open device manager in settings, and right click on your graphics card under Display Adapters
    5. Press update drivers, then do it manually by browsing your computer.
    6. Go to the unzipped folder, click it, and install the drivers.
    7. Just like that, your brightness is fixed and the graphics card is working again!

Answers

• ad6g7g8g
    ad6g7g8g Member Posts: 3 New User
    Try downloading the Intel drivers from the Acer website by typing in your model. download the driver that they provided for your laptop and install that
  • ragizaki
    @ad6g7g8g I couldn’t find a link for the model number I posted above for the Uhd Graphics 620 on Acer’s site. Could you send me the link?
  • Logeerbed
    Logeerbed Member Posts: 1 New User
    in case everything missed try to install a clean windows (factory) setting.
  • ragizaki
    Answer ✓
    I finally managed to fix the issue by updating my drivers. For those of you who have similar problems, follow these simple steps.

2. Download the VGA driver (either Intel or Nvidia's drivers, depends on which one your graphics card is made by)
    4. Open device manager in settings, and right click on your graphics card under Display Adapters
    7. Just like that, your brightness is fixed and the graphics card is working again!

• MMillar
    MMillar Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

ragizaki said:

Did this fix work permanently? I'm using the 15 inch version of the same model and found reinstalling the drivers to only work for a short period. The problem usually recurs after the lid is shut. 
  • carlosduran
    carlosduran Member Posts: 1 New User
    MMillar said:
    ragizaki said:

Did this fix work permanently? I'm using the 15 inch version of the same model and found reinstalling the drivers to only work for a short period. The problem usually recurs after the lid is shut. 
    I have the same problem, I have to disable and enable the driver when this occurs. I hope a fix for this.
  • ragizaki
    @carlosduran Did you find a fix to your problem?

• MMillar
    MMillar Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I was waiting for the Windows 10 May update but the issue is not fixed after performing the update. I'll be sending my model off for repair.
  • deepakpixel
    deepakpixel Member Posts: 1 New User
    @MMMillar said:
    I was waiting for the Windows 10 May update but the issue is not fixed after performing the update. I'll be sending my model off for repair.
    Millar Did you send the laptop to service center? If yes, did they fixed it.
    @ragizaki
    @carlosduran
    Did anyone found the permanent fix of the problem?
    Please help me by replying as soon as possible.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Glauc1
    Glauc1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    ragizaki said:

Thank you, I fix the same problem with this guide