How to Keep the Fans Blowing?

Triparadox
Triparadox Member Posts: 55 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
It's kind of annoying when the fans keep turning off and on again because it's reached just 1 or 2 degree below the line. I want the fans to keep blowing even when the temp is around 37C or less than 45C.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    May be possible depending on your full ACER model number. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• What is the exact model of notebook? Example v3-571-6682
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Triparadox
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example v3-571-6682
    It's Predator Helios 300 G3-571
  • Have you tried solving the problem by customizing fan speed in predator sense?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Triparadox
    Have you tried solving the problem by customizing fan speed in predator sense?
    Even in custom mode, the fans will stop once it hits around 38℃
  • Do fans only come back on when the temperature reaches 45ºc or 113ºf?
    The service manual informs the temperatures from 45ºc:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Triparadox
    Do fans only come back on when the temperature reaches 45ºc or 113ºf?
    The service manual informs the temperatures from 45ºc:

might be. I didn't pay so much attention to at what degree will it go back again. But I want to be able to let the fans idle (stay on) even when the temp is about 30 ish.
  • @JackE Will fans of this notebook model be turned off when the temperature drops below 45ºc or 113ºf?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    >>>Will fans of this notebook model be turned off when the temperature drops below 45ºc or 113ºf? >>>

Apparently yes. Unfortunately cycling between a wide 0-2,000 rpm range on a ~2* temp change could be quite a bit more noticeable/annoying than cycling between a much narrower 2,000-2,400 rpm range on a ~10* temp change as Triparadox  points out. I suggest trying one of the freeware fan control apps (speedfan, etc) to see if the fan can cycle at a narrower rpm range than 0-2000 below 45*.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited April 2019
    @Triparadox that is normal when it reaches less that 45/40 they shut down its the same in all models you cant change it its setup by the bios itself mine's the same but i have mine always on auto coolboost on 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Triparadox
    JackE said:
    >>>Will fans of this notebook model be turned off when the temperature drops below 45ºc or 113ºf? >>>

Apparently yes. Unfortunately cycling between a wide 0-2,000 rpm range on a ~2* temp change could be quite a bit more noticeable/annoying than cycling between a much narrower 2,000-2,400 rpm range on a ~10* temp change as Triparadox  points out. I suggest trying one of the freeware fan control apps (speedfan, etc) to see if the fan can cycle at a narrower rpm range than 0-2000 below 45*.  Jack E/NJ

I'll try that later. 
  • Triparadox
    xapim said:
    That is normal when it reaches less that 45/40 they shut down its the same in all models
    I want the fans to keep blowing tho..
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited April 2019
    xapim said:
    That is normal when it reaches less that 45/40 they shut down its the same in all models
    I want the fans to keep blowing tho..
    You can't only with an unlocked bios you would have access to the advanced tab options to be able to change that its locked in the bios itself

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• As you have already been informed, it is the UEFI firmware (currently called UEFI and not BIOS) which controls fan temperature and speed! I do not think the fact that the fans turn off when the temperature is below 45ºc will damage your notebook's hardware! In addition, installing a modified bios may permanently damage the notebook, as well as permanently void the hardware warranty!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    edited April 2019
    I think Triparadox is mostly annoyed with the sound/noise of the fan repeatedly turning off (zero rpm) & on (2,000 rpm) again and again over small temperature 1-2 degree temperature swings around 45*C. I can fully understand that it would be much less annoying if it just stayed on at 2,000 rpm or maybe even 1,000 rpm when it dipped below 45*C  but not shut off completely at zero rpm. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    edited October 2019
    Perhaps Triparadox should post his idea to keep fan blowing at a lower rpm but not zero at least when the laptop is plugged in.

[Edited link]

Jack E/NJ

• Despite my nitro 5 an515-51, it has the same motherboard as the g3-571, the temperature of my notebook is never below 50ºc, because I live in a tropical country and because of that, fans of my notebook never hang up! Now, would these newer versions of UEFI solve his problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    @JackE If he wants to come to live here, you will be welcome! lol! ! Fortaleza is a seaside town with beautiful beaches! Apart from the rainy and winter season, it is a city where the average temperature reaches 30ºc!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Triparadox
    edited October 2019
    JackE said:
    Perhaps Triparadox should post his idea to keep fan blowing at a lower rpm but not zero at least when the laptop is plugged in.

Yeah it's annoying. I'll just ask them there sometime. Although I doubt anything will change..