Battery care

Arko
Arko Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everybody!

I just bought an ACER extensa 2540 and it has the battery in, I mean it's one of those which you can't remove easily xD.
So, the laptop I used to have, had the battery removable so, whenever I plugged it on the AC, I took it out in order to increase its lifespan.

My question is, what can I do to look after my battery once it's connected to AC? I have searched some info but nothing really relevant appeared.

Thanks in advance and i'll be happy to help in this forum as much as I can!

Arko.

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Arko !

Current lithium batteries are NOT addictive like the old batteries.
    You should NEVER remove the batteries from newer handsets.
    In addition to providing power they work as an extra-physical layer against surges and voltages, as well as small adjustments in voltages.
    Removing the battery also causes it to lose the calibration of the internal cells.

To last longer, always use your device plugged into the power outlet.
    The internal system will "cut" the battery power and only use when high performance is required.

Disable wireless when not using and decrease screen brightness when possible.

That way your battery will always be in good condition.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Arko !

Current lithium batteries are NOT addictive like the old batteries.
    You should NEVER remove the batteries from newer handsets.
    In addition to providing power they work as an extra-physical layer against surges and voltages, as well as small adjustments in voltages.
    Removing the battery also causes it to lose the calibration of the internal cells.

To last longer, always use your device plugged into the power outlet.
    The internal system will "cut" the battery power and only use when high performance is required.

Disable wireless when not using and decrease screen brightness when possible.

That way your battery will always be in good condition.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!