acer es1-432 no uefi or legacy option

aydo
aydo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

hi, i purchased an acer computer es1-432, i want to install windows 10 with usb drive, in bios i can't find the uefi and legacy mode.

The BIOS is "InsydeH20 Setup Utility"

V1.07

I can't update the bios because there is no system.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Answers

• Ameer
    Ameer Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

hey aydo 

download rufus usb tool to install window it has option to install window in GPT partition using UEFI bios so you dont have to change your bios to LEGACY 17499617_1306999719369585_2095027858_o.jpg

use this tool and select the GPT partition scheme for UEFI and then click on diskdrive to select your iso mage of windows and press start and disable secure boot in your bios or place usb on top most priority to boot from usb to install windows.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

insyde1edt.jpginsyde2edt.jpg

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • aydo

hey ameer

i try this method but i can't boot via usb

• Ameer

Tinkerer

try it with mbr using UEFI scheme in rufus usb tool because it worked for me 

• aydo

hi ameer the problem is not resolved, i c'ant boot...Smiley Sad

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try MBR for UEFI and format as FAT32

plug the USB flash drive and press F12 at boot, if your USB is listed, select it.

if it's not listed, you are doing something wrong on creating the USB flash drive, keep in mind that your need to install a x64 OS version.

• JordanB

@Ironfly

Please read his original post.  Apparently "Boot Mode" is missing from his UEFI settings.

bootmode.PNG

• JordanB

Try loading the BIOS defaults "F9" and then save/exit "F10".  Make sure you enable the F12 boot menu too.

• Ameer

Tinkerer

something is wrong with the process otherwise it will surely work and it worked for me try to put your usb in 3.0 port i hope it works

• aaen
    aaen Member Posts: 2 New User

I also have an ES1-432 with the same BIOS and limitations.

I have problems installing Ubuntu Linux LTE on this machine.

First of all the Linux kernel isn't new enought to fully understand the built in 32 GB emmc flash drive.

So I have installed a bigger IDE flash drive.

I can boot from a Ubuntu USB install image copied to a USB stick.

I have disabled secure boot in BIOS.

I can install on my IDE drive, but the installed image is NOT recognized and will not boot.

However if I directly copy the Ubuntu install image into the IDE drive, the it will boot from this internal drive.

So it seems that the BIOS is limited in which partition schemes it understands.

• Lorkanov
    Lorkanov Member Posts: 1 New User

Finally resolved the same BIOS limitations....

Laptop = Acer Aspire ES1-432-C79F

BIOS = InsydeH20 V1.07

BIOS layout = same as first post

Thanks to Ameer for the idea of using Rufus!!!
    This what I did to resolve the same issue:

1) Downloaded 'MediaCreationTool.exe' from Microsoft
    2) Create an ISO file using "MediaCreationTool.exe" 

3) Download and run "rufus-2.13p.exe"

4) Follow the configuration shown below:

Rufus.jpg

Note: in the "Create a bootable disk image using ISO Image" select the newly created Windows 10 ISO image via "MediaCreationTool.exe"

5) click Start button

6) insert USB flash drive into the USB 3.0 port

Note:

- Your notebook should automatically detect the USB flash drive

- This process will require you to DELETE all existing partitions in your Hard Drive or SSD

- Windows 10 installer on USB flash drive will create 4 partitions. Last partition will be the Drive C: which will be the largest, unless you want to subdivide the partition into two or more partitions.

- GPT can support more than 4 partitions as opposed to MBR which can only support up to 4 partions.

• aaen
    aaen Member Posts: 2 New User

I found my solution here:

https://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Laptops/ES1-132-cannot-install-other-OS-than-Windows-10-BIOS-options/td-p/476726/page/2

So for ES1-432 with  bios version 1.08, there is a limitation in the BIOS that you cannot choose which UEFI files to boot. There are some undocumented names that are hardcoded.

I used

\EFI\Linux\BOOTX64.efi (Linux)

So after I installed Ubuntu and it could boot on it. I booted from the installation  USB-stick once againin the mode where you can try Ubuntu without installing it.

Here I could get a shell, mount the EFI partition and copy the EFI/Linux directory to /EFI/Linux and the .ef-file to BOOTX64.efi.

now unmount and reboot and everything works.

• iNTELiNSIDE
    iNTELiNSIDE Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2018
    Sir/maam Lorkanov I have Acer Aspire ES1-432-C7NH but it didn't work please help me sir/maam :(
  • rm_htmlkoodaaja
    rm_htmlkoodaaja Member Posts: 2 New User
    aaen said:

I found my solution here:

https://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Laptops/ES1-132-cannot-install-other-OS-than-Windows-10-BIOS-options/td-p/476726/page/2

So for ES1-432 with  bios version 1.08, there is a limitation in the BIOS that you cannot choose which UEFI files to boot. There are some undocumented names that are hardcoded.

I used

\EFI\Linux\BOOTX64.efi (Linux)

So after I installed Ubuntu and it could boot on it. I booted from the installation  USB-stick once againin the mode where you can try Ubuntu without installing it.

Here I could get a shell, mount the EFI partition and copy the EFI/Linux directory to /EFI/Linux and the .ef-file to BOOTX64.efi.

now unmount and reboot and everything works.

This is really working! I tried on Linux Mint 19.1. Just after install reboot, and Mount EFI partition to /mnt and make directory Linux to folder EFI and copy all files in folder ubuntu to Linux folder ´"sudo cp -r ubuntu/* Linux" and then cd Linux and "cp grubx64.efi BOOTX64.efi" and reboot.
    After this Laptop booted to Linux mint successfully without USB.
  • ryoma102092
    ryoma102092 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ameer said:

hey aydo 

download rufus usb tool to install window it has option to install window in GPT partition using UEFI bios so you dont have to change your bios to LEGACY 17499617_1306999719369585_2095027858_o.jpg

use this tool and select the GPT partition scheme for UEFI and then click on diskdrive to select your iso mage of windows and press start and disable secure boot in your bios or place usb on top most priority to boot from usb to install windows.

i worked for me...but when it install, blackscreen appears..please help