Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What is the phased array of IEEE802.11ad wireless adapter?

masoudzmasoudz Posts: 2Member New User
I have a n Acer TravelMate-P446-M-77QP that has wireless hardware that supports IEEE802.11ad standard. For this standard a special type of antenna which is called phased array is needed. I wonder if anybody knows the manufacturer of the phased array installed on my laptop. I also want to know how I can get the codebook  of the sectors supported by the phased array. 

Thanks. 

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 15,422ACE Trailblazer
    edited February 26
    It's an ACER design part# LZ.23500.006 . It's two antennas similar to some TV & radio stations where the effective pole lengths and separations can be electronically adjusted resulting directional gain without physically having to turn or adjust the laptop's screenlid. Jack E/NJ

• masoudzmasoudz Posts: 2Member New User
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know how I can get the codebook of the weights of each antenna element in the phased array? In order to form each sector, each antenna element is fed with a weight. I want those values. 
    Thanks. JackE said:
    It's an ACER design part# LZ.23500.006 . It's two antennas similar to some TV & radio stations where the effective pole lengths and separations can be electronically adjusted resulting directional gain without physically having to turn or adjust the laptop's screenlid. Jack E/NJ

• JackEJackE Posts: 15,422ACE Trailblazer
    Sorry. How each side is loaded for max gain to the hotspot isn't available to us here. All that can be said is that the same part# has been used in many different ACER models for years. Likely supplied by Foxconn based on proprietary ACER info. Jack E/NJ