TravelMate P459-G2-M keyboard issue.(P459-G2-M)

andrec200
andrec200 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
 Hi everyone.
On my TravelMate P459-G2-M I got a problem with my keyboard and even i have numpad when is numlock on numpad is moving to heyboard so i get numpad working but is on letters as well and I just wander if can be fixed!!!! to tap letters with numlock on I have to keep pressed Fn and is quite annoing.

Answers

• Hello! Enter the bios and look for a function called function key behavior! Toggle the settings for this function and post the result!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andrec200

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Hi. There is nothing about keyboard behaviour, just touch panel fond in bios options and even with supervisor password nothing came out. Since update the bios got the problem and after some research I have seen ec bios content is similar for TravelMate P449-G2-M which has smaller keyboard without numpad.  I meand only ec bios side from fd bios update file. Hi. There is nothing about keyboard behaviour, just touch panel fond in bios options and even with supervisor password nothing came out. To make it back I really can't manage that I don't have experience to edit bios files.
  • OK! What version of bios did you install and which version was installed previously?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andrec200

Tinkerer

Now is ver:3.02 and I think it was 1.03 but i'm not sure.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7137?b=1
  • OK! In version 1.03, the problem occurred?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrec200

Tinkerer

I have checked all versions and there is the same content on all update versions from web site. 
  • What I want to know, is if there was the same problem with the keyboard in the previous version of bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrec200

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    The laptop i bought it used with ver 1.03 and all were ok. Just after update I have noticed my numpad is moving on letters and I have do disable numlock to tap letters or keeping  pressed Fn for letters with numlock on  so I got 2 numpads :)
  • OK! Have you tried pressing the f9 key to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exiting?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrec200

Tinkerer

Yes i've done that. To be honest I think I have to get used with and maybe later on I will find ec bin file on forums. I mention I have ec programmer and I should do backup before update to make sure all ok but I missed that because I'm lazy.
  • Can you send some photos of your bios configuration?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jojo320
    jojo320 Member Posts: 1 New User
    https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/   clicando em promover! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on Promote!
  • andrec200

Tinkerer

Please find attached pictures with bios settings.
  • andrec200

Tinkerer

And ec bios files comparation  just maybe help. Original bin file is with v302.
  • What happens if you change the touchpad function to advanced in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrec200

Tinkerer

Hi. Nothing special, on win8 advanced I can't install the driver. On win 10 I didn't felt any changes. Zoom and scroll works in both situation. 
  • And with respect to the keyboard, did something change or not?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Have you tried pressing this button for five seconds with the notebook unplugged from the power outlet?

After doing this, leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrec200

Tinkerer

Hi egydiocoelho.
    I have done that twice and nothing. Touch panel is on advanced mode now but the problem still occur.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    I saw you posted on the bios-mods site! I'm finding that the only solution would be to downgrade the bios!
    I also checked that fingerprint and type-c are disabled on the bios! have you tried activating them? Does your notebook have a 3.1 usb port?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer