Fingerscanner stopted working, everytime I delete and reinstall the driver it works again for a day

kingofnarnia
kingofnarnia Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
How can I solve this problem so I can finnaly start using Windows Hello

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) What is you full ACER model number?
    (2) Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currentlly available. Uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot.
    (3) Uninstall, don't just disable, any non-Microsoft antimalware or antivirus

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kingofnarnia
    My acer is an A715-72G-786L
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currentlly available. Uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Also uninstall any non-Microsoft antimalware or antivirus. If the problem persists then download and try iobit's DriverBooster freeware. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kingofnarnia
    It seems to work for the moment, il let you know what happend whitin a few days
  • kingofnarnia
    It doesn't work anymore, same problem occured.
  • JackE
    How long have you had this machine? And has this problem always been present? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kingofnarnia
    I bougth the laptop in september of 2018, and it had this problem after 1 month I think.
    I'm probably going to return my laptop for "repair".
  • JackE
    Well, before returning it, you could try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset after saving any personal files. This would rule in or rule out a hardware issue. It's probably a Win10update issue which you can quickly recover from and block the update if the problem resurfaces. Follow the instructions in the video below. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ