Acer Predator XB271HU Display Port Not Working Correctly

NicholasDFlood
NicholasDFlood Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
My Acer predator XB271HU monitor's display port works but it displays no icons on the desktop, it barely accepts any keyboard inputs and I get a black screen when I shut down my computer down.
Is there anyway to fix this?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night NicholasDFlood !

The probability that this is happening is that the notebook monitor is set to EXTENSION mode.

Do the following:

1) Right-click on the Desktop and go to
    SCREEN RESOLUTION. (windows 7)

2) Go in the box and mark DUPLICATE THESE VIDEOS.

Probably should ta like ESTENDER THESE VIDEOS.

If you duplicate it stays as clone mode.
    If you extend, the 2nd monitor is just an extension of the 1st and you can drag programs and movies to it for example.

httpswebcube-generals3amazonawscomeizomediacontentassets201610266pnghttpscf-imagesus-east-1prodboltdnsnetv1static11604387060014d8b651a-88fb-49c9-8796-4097207bb624e659fc19-0938-48bd-ac97-bea294a8e3321280x720matchimagejpg

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• NicholasDFlood
    NicholasDFlood Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

MaClane, this a gaming desktop with a Acer Predator GSync Monitor not a notebook.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Excuse me!
    Really only now I saw!
    Anyway, check the option to duplicate video as I mentioned.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!