Need to know the location of the HDD Acer Swift 1 (SF113-31)

PatrickDaly
PatrickDaly Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey, Recently my Laptop stop reading a boot drive and I need to know where the HDD is for my Acer Swift 1 (SF113-31)
Thanks!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,718 Pathfinder
    @PatrickDaly
    You dont have a HDD in your laptop.
    You have option of SSD and eMMC option
    Solid State drive 
    M.2 2280 128GB/256GB SATA SSD (SATA 3.0)
    eMMC 
    eMMC 32GB/64GB/128GB (support Rev.4.51 and 153 ball design)

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• PatrickDaly
    Hey Jack,
    Thanks for the reply, I figured that since my computer says “No bootable device” -any idea what could be causing this problem? I want to know a location so I can delve in deeper- thanks!
  • Jack22
    @PatrickDaly
    How much is the storage on your laptop?
  • PatrickDaly
    I believe it was 64GB
  • Jack22
    @PatrickDaly
    Inorder to fix the unit, send it to Acer Repair center. Because the OS is gone. They will install and fix the issue. There is no HDD on your unit to install OS as well. 

• wbrat
    wbrat Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2020
    Hi, I have the same problem - no bootable device error since yesterday.  As I understand main disk is soldered to the main board so there is no way to fix it - is that correct?

Edit: I can see the EMMC model name and serial number in BIOS. But boot priority order is empty.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    If you can still see the eMMC drive in the BIOS then it's possible you only have a corrupted EFI partition. If you boot from a Windows install flash drive you can use diskpart to discover if the drive is readable, and potentially repair the problem. If you aren't able to read of write to the drive then the next option is to install an M.2 SATA SSD and use that instead of the eMMC. Of course, if you are still in warranty than it's best to do as Jack suggests and let Acer fix it for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.