Backlit keyboard's light keeps turning off after a few seconds! Acer AN515-42

Sick_Nick
Sick_Nick Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
   Is this a bad joke? I recently bought an  Acer AN515-42 for my son, only to hear him complain about the fact that he can't get things done on that laptop in a dark room because the keyboard's light keeps turning off 30 seconds after the last stroke. There is no option anywhere, to disable this, not in Device manager, nor in power management. I'm pretty sure this prolongs the battery's life by no more than 10 minutes per charge. On the other hand, it's so annoying, that it shortens one's lifespan by at least 20 years.
   I own an ASUS G75 and the keyboard light can be turned off manually if desired, but it never turns off by itself. 
   Please, does anybody have a solution?
   Thank you!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    There is no solution to this as of now, because this is set from BIOS. You can report this to Acer support and if they recieve enough reports from users complaining, they might give control to this in the future.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!