My ACER Swift 3 SF314-54G randomly got bluescreen

dwkdrm
dwkdrm Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hello, in this month my laptop recently get bsod Driver power state failure and driver dxgkrnl, I don't know which software or hardware that cause my laptop got bsod
*Recently I update my windows 10 to 1809 version, upgrade ram from 4gb to 8gb, update BIOS to 1.09 version and update some driver
my laptop spec : 
Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G (acer Day edition)
core i3-7020u
GeForce mx150
ram 4gb+4gb

note : I can play game and doesn't get any BSOD but when sometimes I open spotify, GPUz and other software, I got the BSOD and when I uninstall NVIDIA driver, I don't get any BSOD

Answers

• OK! Try uninstalling the video drivers in the device manager and restart the notebook:

If the problem still remains, make sure that updating the drivers with the free version of the driverbooster solves the problem: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dwkdrm
    already try it (reinstall both driver nvidia and intel hd) but the BSOD still happen :(
  • Have you tried updating windows through windows update and drivers with driverbooster?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dwkdrm
    only via windows update and device manager
  • dwkdrm
    Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 17/01/2019 22:47:40 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011719-37296-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B1B40)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFC68612D74550, 0xFFFF9684AB22F7D0, 0xFFFFC686189079A0)
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 17/01/2019 22:47:40 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!ObIsKernelHandle+0x9A6)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFC68612D74550, 0xFFFF9684AB22F7D0, 0xFFFFC686189079A0)
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 17/01/2019 21:54:28 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011719-45828-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x40DB)
    Bugcheck code: 0x113 (0x19, 0x2, 0x10DE, 0x1D10)
    Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Watchdog Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that the dxg kernel has detected a violation.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

• Ok! Do a disk cleanup as an administrator and update the drivers with the driverbooster: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#

Then try upgrading directly to windows 1809: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Another question: Has this problem occurred soon after upgrading from ram? What is the specification of the new ram memory?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dwkdrm
    edited January 2019
    this BSOD happen after 
    1. Upgarde Ram (first 2 month after upgrade RAM, my laptop doesn't get BSOD)
    2. Update to 1809
    3. update BIOS

I don't know which one that make my laptop got BSOD

• dwkdrm
    I already doing memtest but nothing happened
  • OK! I suggest you try updating the drivers with the free driverbooster version: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#
    If the problem still remains, I suggest you try reinstalling the factory operating system like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuWwuc2oH4

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• netizen
    netizen Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    dwkdrm said:
    hello, in this month my laptop recently get bsod Driver power state failure and driver dxgkrnl, I don't know which software or hardware that cause my laptop got bsod
    *Recently I update my windows 10 to 1809 version, upgrade ram from 4gb to 8gb, update BIOS to 1.09 version and update some driver
    my laptop spec : 
    core i3-7020u
    GeForce mx150
    ram 4gb+4gb

note : I can play game and doesn't get any BSOD but when sometimes I open spotify, GPUz and other software, I got the BSOD and when I uninstall NVIDIA driver, I don't get any BSOD
    did you solve it yet?, i have the same problem, and i guess its because the windows update, the problem occur after i updated to ver 1809, i can run games but for programs such as adobe premiere and after effect, i randomly get bsod, in some case while playing youtube on chrome(yea, i use nvidia for chrome) bsod occur, maybe ill try to roll back to april update, please let me know if you solve the problem, thank you in advance.
    note : i have exactly the same laptop as yours and 2x4gb ram
  • netizen
    netizen Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2019
    netizen said:
    dwkdrm said:
    my laptop spec : 
    core i3-7020u
    GeForce mx150
    ram 4gb+4gb

did you solve it yet?, i have the same problem, and i guess its because the windows update, the problem occur after i updated to ver 1809, i can run games but for programs such as adobe premiere and after effect, i randomly get bsod, in some case while playing youtube on chrome(yea, i use nvidia for chrome) bsod occur, maybe ill try to roll back to april update, please let me know if you solve the problem, thank you in advance.
    for side note, what i have tried:
    1. Reinstall nVidia driver,
    2. Reinstall windows to ver 1809,
    3. memtest, hdd test, and more

bsod still occurs.. -__-
    later date ill try to roll back to april update, since this ver works well with this machine.
  • mochaffff
    mochaffff Member Posts: 1 New User
    netizen said:
    netizen said:
    dwkdrm said:
    my laptop spec : 
    core i3-7020u
    GeForce mx150
    ram 4gb+4gb

for side note, what i have tried:
    1. Reinstall nVidia driver,
    2. Reinstall windows to ver 1809,
    3. memtest, hdd test, and more

bsod still occurs.. -__-
    later date ill try to roll back to april update, since this ver works well with this machine.
    I got this ***** problems too, is it really  no solution with this *****? Already talk with acer help on twitter and they have no idea what caused it -_- lol
  • mochaffff Create a new thread clicking in ask a question. 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Edodstr
    Edodstr Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2019
    Have anyone solved this problem? I'm facing with random BSOD from 1 month now without finding solutions.
    I tryed:
    - uninstal and reinstal all drivers
    - I talked with Windows support trying SFC scnanow ecp...
    - I talked with Acer Support, they sent my PC to assistance where they was not able to find problems; so Windows 1903 was reseted
    - I dowgrade Windows to 1809 (the only solution I found on web was to downgrade to 1803, but it is expiring now and Windows support said I will lose future upgrades if I will maintain it)
    - I tried to keep working only the integrated graphic card

nothing seems to work... I'm really angry that between Geforce, Acer and Windows no one is taking this problem seriously and making some updates or solution to help us.