What is Acer Collection, and why doesn't it work?

lolman9999
lolman9999 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I recently got an Acer Nitro 5 i7 model, and there is this app called acer collection, but when I open it it can't find the server. What is it and why doesn't it work?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Hello,
    About Acer collection: "Acer Collection is a smart store which can provide user precise recommendations base on user’s installed apps, preferences and system status."
    France
  • lolman9999
    Okay. Does anyone know why it doesn't work on my nitro 5?
  • lolman9999
    And why doesn't it work?
  • DeViLEViL
    DeViLEViL Member Posts: 1 New User
    ACER GIVES no software regarding issue solving capability even if you throw thousands of dollars to them. HEADPHONE MICROPHONE DOESN'T SHOW AND NOT USABLE WITH ANY SOFTWARE INSTALLED IN NEW PREDATOR HELIOS 300 PH315-52, ACER COLLECTION CAN'T BE RUN. ACER DOESN'T CARE AT ALL THESE MAIN SOFTWARE RELATED ISSUES.
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @devil that's a strech
  • godricide
    godricide Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

tech12 said:
    @devil that's a strech
    How? Acer is well aware of the headphone issue for many years, and yet the only offer they make is for you to reinstall the OS -- meaning hours, if not days of reinstalling applications.
  • IsaDesOsiers
    IsaDesOsiers Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I just bought a new Acer Aspire 5. This is my third Acer Aspire, and I have loved this brand. This time I sort of splurged for a more expensive laptop. And the volume is so low at 100% it is mind boggling. I know that the screen brightness is famously low on ACERs, but the volume of the speakers? This was not a problem before, they were adequate. I wish I knew a fix. Sort of disappointed. The Support link is nearly useless.