Acer Nitro 5 lag and stuttering in some games

BaRaCuDa
BaRaCuDa Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
I have recently bought an Acer Nitro 5 (Nitro An515-51) With the Dual GPU )Intel and GTX 1050) and when playing games like fortnite and pubg, I do get a lot of frame rate drop and screen freezes. This is very bugging and does not let me play the game normally.
 I have played around a lot with the NVIDIA settings and the in-game setting and nothing works. No matter how low or high the setting are, the stutter and lag is there. I hope you will be able to help me out as buying such an expensive "Gaming" laptop and not being able to play these games is a big disappointment.

Specs: 
Intel Core I5-7300Hq 2.50Ghz
NVIDIA GTX 1050
8.00 GB RAM
64 bit

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Which GeForce driver are you currently on? There have been known issues with 417.22 which may explain your stutter issue if that's the version you are on.

If you try multiple driver versions with the same stutter results, that will help narrow down the possibilities.

Another thing worth checking; your temperatures while gaming. If you're anywhere in the 80-100C range you may experience thermal throttling and overall limited performance. If it's a thermal issue, drivers won't matter.