In Acer Nitro Nitro AN515-42 . When i reading pdf file then after sometime the laptop screen automan

Kalpshik
Kalpshik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
In Acer Nitro Nitro AN515-42 . When i reading pdf file then after sometime the laptop screen automatically blank, it will not go to sleep mode ,not a single thing is working then i hold my power button and restart it . Then it will work fine ...but I don't know what is these happening .i had purchased these laptop two month ago.....help.

Answers

• Diedes
    Diedes Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hello, besides advising you to update your drivers, I actuall do not have a solution to your problem, but as I am having problems with my an515 serie too, I am very curious if the underlying symptoms are similar. Could you maybe check that whenever you open your pdf file, if your CPU or RAM suddenly starts increasing a lot in task manager? Also does your ventilator become more active before crashing and can you read the pdf normally until it crashes, or is the screen sometimes not responding? Could you maybe time once how much seconds it takes before it crashes? If the ventilator starts becomming more active, as a bonus you could check the temperatures of your CPUs by downloading programs as core temp, you could google it. If you see an increase in temperature after opening your pdf, it is worth noting too. 

So once again, I do not have the solution, but many people in the an515 series, including me, here on the forum report problems like random slows while playing game and cpu overheating and nobody seems to know why. I was just wondering if your problem is related to that or if it is a stand alone problem. 

If you do not see a huge cpu and temperature increase, you could actually try reinstalling windows if driver updates do not work. But when you do see this huge temp, cpu or ram increase, maybe report it here first, because in that case reinstalling windows probably will not work.

Best regards,

Mark
  • Diedes

Tinkerer

I forgot, but it can also be a software related issue. Do you open the pdf in adobe reader? If yes, try opening it in firefox or google chrome to see if the problem persists or is solved.
  • Diedes

Tinkerer

I forgot, but it can also be a software related issue. Do you open the pdf in adobe reader? If yes, try opening it in firefox or google chrome to see if the problem persists or is solved.
  • AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I have run into this twice now, when running a game and Alt-Tabbing to something else. I found that something related to the GPU driver caused a BSOD (that didn't display likely because it got confused between the APU and GPU). Might be worth seeing if there is an update for your GPU drivers