New acer aspire e 15 display doesnot turn ON after Sleep/Display off

Syd25
Syd25 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I bought a new acer aspire e15 from Amazon a week ago. As I started using it, I found one annoying problem that is bothering me. Whenever the laptop goes to automatic "Display Off" after not using it for  a while, it doesn't turn ON no matter what  key I press. The led keeps on glowing and I can hear the CUP fan running, but the display remains turned OFF. The only option is to press the Power button for 10 sec and force shutdown. I updated everything from bios to display and power management drivers. I even clean installed a new windows 10, but the problem persists. Please provide me a genuine solution to this problem; I tried every other solutions mentioned in the internet.

Answers

• Have you checked that disabling fast startup in the power options solves the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Syd25

Tinkerer

yes I checked that and it doesn't work. I see the problem may be with display driver because this doesn't happen if I manually put it to sleep by pressing the sleep button
  • What is the exact model of the notebook? Example v3-571!
    I also suggest you update the drivers again but using the driverbooster program! We recommend enabling system protection:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Syd25

Tinkerer

The model is E5-576G-5762. I tried updating with the driver_booster. But, no solution. As soon as the display turn off automatically, I have no other option except force shutdown. I always run at the risk of loosing my working data.
  • OK! Try these procedures:
    a) Disable fast start up in the power options and then disconnect the notebook from the electrical outlet:

b) then press the battery reset button for five seconds and leave the notebook off for five minutes and test:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Syd25

Tinkerer

This did not solve the problem. I don't know this is happening
  • Have you tried upgrading windows 10 and the notebook drivers with the driverbooster program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Syd25

Tinkerer

yes I already tried that. I have figured out that problem is not with the sleep, but with the "Turn Display off". may something to deal with power to display

• Have you checked if there are any drivers with problems in the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Syd25

Tinkerer

No nothing I tried everything.

• Syd25

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    I really liked the laptop at first. But, this  ANNOYING problem is making me think about it 
  • Ok! What version of bios is installed on your computer? Is there any third-party program, such as norton and epowermanagement for example, that are installed in your notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Syd25

Tinkerer

bios version 1.43 latest one. I clean installed the windows 10 again, so I don't have any additional third-party program installed
  • There is a newer version! Download version 1.47 to see if it solves the problem: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.47_A_A.zip?acerid=636728586960721107&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE E5-576G&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3
    Remembering that updating bios is an extremely risky procedure and therefore I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Syd25

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    does this bios driver perfectly match my model's motherboard specification? And It shows this update is for fine tuning DRAM, I don't think there anything to do with DRAM here.

• You said that your model is E5-576G-5762, see: 
    Syd25 disse:
    The model is E5-576G-5762. I tried updating with the driver_booster. But, no solution. As soon as the display turn off automatically, I have no other option except force shutdown. I always run at the risk of loosing my working data.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• The bios of the e5-576g model is compatible with all versions of this notebook model!
    Have you checked that the problem persists when connecting an external monitor? Ever tried to press the fn + f6 key?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Syd25

Tinkerer

Its fine if I press fn+f6, the display comes back. If I manually turn the display off it turns on back easily. The problem is when this happens automatically (time set at the power options), it gets stuck with no power to the display
  • In the "turn off video" option, did you select the "never" option?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Syd25

Tinkerer

I know I can turn off  the "Turn OFF Display After --" Setting. But, I cannot leave the laptop's display turned ON the whole day. My work requires me to keep the laptop running the whole day( background process), keeping display ON will easily drain my battery. Plus, this is not an exact solution to this problem.