Nitro AN515-52 Recover my HDD after Intel RST made it a recovery drive

zhiheng1219
zhiheng1219 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I accidentally made my HDD protective data or something, and it turned into a recovery drive. Now I can't view the HDD from My Computer.
I tried using the RAID tool from other threads to remove the thread, but it shows me "Intel (R) RST CLI version 15.2 cannot be used with version 16.0 of the driver".
I cant access the RAID from bios as well.
Please help me T.T

Answers

• Verify that your BIOS is in UEFI mode, if it is, when you delete the array, the CTRL-I will no longer be available.
    Then you should go back to legacy mode with RAID as SATA device and press f10 to save and exit!
    On the next CTRL-I boot it will be available again
    set your ARRAY
    Exit the bios and re-enter the BIOS and set the UEFI
    make sure SATA is still RAID and press f10 to save when exiting and reinstall windows!
    Credits for @IronFly!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Sometimes CTRL-I doesn't work under Legacy too.
    The only way to fix it is to do a "clean all" from diskpart, target is the HDD.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JovenChng
    JovenChng Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited December 2018
    Verify that your BIOS is in UEFI mode, if it is, when you delete the array, the CTRL-I will no longer be available.
    Then you should go back to legacy mode with RAID as SATA device and press f10 to save and exit!
    On the next CTRL-I boot it will be available again
    set your ARRAY
    Exit the bios and re-enter the BIOS and set the UEFI
    make sure SATA is still RAID and press f10 to save when exiting and reinstall windows!
    Credits for @IronFly!

Hello. Im facing the same issue as well. May i ask what is BIOS and UEFI mode?
    i am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-732M with 128G SSD and 1TB HDD. However, after using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology, i lost my HDD and it became a Recover Drive (?).
    How can i recover my drive?
  • I saw your message @JovenChng!
    However, all the options that make hd to be recognized delete the files! There is an exclusive topic on how to solve your problem, see: https://community.acer.com/en/profile/mihirganeshjoshi and https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/552475/hdd-not-showing-in-this-pc-after-accidentally-creating-intel-rapid-storage-technology-please-help/p2
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JovenChng
    I saw your message @JovenChng!
    However, all the options that make hd to be recognized delete the files! There is an exclusive topic on how to solve your problem, see: https://community.acer.com/en/profile/mihirganeshjoshi and https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/552475/hdd-not-showing-in-this-pc-after-accidentally-creating-intel-rapid-storage-technology-please-help/p2
    Woah okay, thank you so much!
  • Let us know if you could solve your problem @JovenChng!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JovenChng
    Let us know if you could solve your problem @JovenChng!
    i have yet to try it, but may i ask will i lose all my pre installed software for Nitro 5?