Virtualization in AN515-42

vkk
vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Does this laptop support hardware virtualization ? I've infer from few  threads that Acer has crippled intel-vtx/amd-v  in   bios, on most models especially amd ones;which makes any sort of virtualization impossible.Appreciate your early response on this before I order the laptop which I plan to use for work also.

Best Answers

• AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    AMD-SVM and AMD-IOMMU are both options in the BIOS and are enabled by default. I haven't used virtualization on my an515-42 however, but there should'n't be any reason why it doesn't work.
  • vkk
    edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    I checked this .Virtual box does seem to recognized AMD-V 

Answers

• AMDKilla
    Answer ✓
    AMD-SVM and AMD-IOMMU are both options in the BIOS and are enabled by default. I haven't used virtualization on my an515-42 however, but there should'n't be any reason why it doesn't work.
  • vkk
    AMDKilla said:
    Thanks for checking . Could you pl share a screenshot of the BIOS page with these settings .
  • vkk
    @AMDKilla : Bump
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    For certain I know the AN515-51 supports Intel VTX and Intel VTD in BIOS. Not sure with the AMD flavoring or other models.
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    vkk said:
    AMDKilla said:
    Thanks for checking . Could you pl share a screenshot of the BIOS page with these settings .
    Here you go:

If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • vkk
    edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    I checked this .Virtual box does seem to recognized AMD-V 

• mrpataks
    mrpataks Member Posts: 2 New User
    Does anybody here have this model and virtualization working ok?
    • Model Number
      AN515-42-R25P
    • Part Number
      NH.Q3RSA.003-C77
  • vkk
    Similar model to OP . Refer to earlier posts and check bios. 
  • AMDKilla
    Sorry, for some reason I don't get email notifications for replies here. I'll have to look into turning them on!