No wlan after windows update

peteroneller
peteroneller Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Hi there, I have a problem with my acer SF113-31. Yesterday there was a windows update and now I cannot connect to wlan, also I tried to - as there is no port to connect a lan cable - connect with the internet box via usb, which did not work either. The alert I get when opening (the adapter Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC-7265 has problems with driver or hardware (translation from German)). I tried to download a driver from the acer support site for wlan and instal it, but it didnt work. Has anyone a clue as how to solve the problem?
Kind regards

Comments

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi peteroneller

Follow this troubleshoot steps:
    STEP 1:
    Right click on start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    Type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter.

Step 2: Check the following services are enabled.
    1. Press Windows Key + R.
    2. Type "services.msc" in the box. Check if these services are enabled:
    - TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service
    - Wireless lan
    - DHCP
    - DNS Client
    - Function Discovery Resource Publication
     SSDP Discovery - UPnP Device Host

To start the service and set it to automatic, follow these steps:

1. Right-click each of the services listed above and click on Properties.

2. Click the General tab, and then, next to Startup type, select Automatic.

3. Click Apply, and then click Start.
  • peteroneller
    peteroneller Member Posts: 2 New User
    Unfortunately it still doesn't work. When starting Wirelass LAN service (I just found "Wireless PAN DHCP server") it shows "error 1067: this process ended unexpectedly".
  • thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi peteroneller, Try to system restore and if you do system restore any software which you install in  the computer will be erase.
    Please follow this steps for system restore : Press and hold the windows key and R and type rstrui.exe and select the restore point when your computer was working and if there is no system restore file than please try to  do system refresh were all the downloaded application and software will be erase.
    Steps to do System refresh is by holding the windows key and I and click on the update and security>Recovery and click reset and select the option keep my files.