Bluetooth is not avaliable (showing not supported by your device).How to fix??

GajalShankar
GajalShankar Member Posts: 109 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have updated windows for resolving this problem.Also from Acer website I have downloaded my laptop's driver and repaired pro-set wireless driver.I tried everything that I can do Nothing works.Please Help(see no bluetooth turn on-off icon). Anyone facing same problem?then upvo
Laptop Model -Travelmate p259-g2-mg

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    GajalShankar>>>I installed windows 10 myself last year.Earlier Bluetooth was working fine (3 months ago ).>>>

Sorry, Windows has deleted all restore points before November 27th. Your best option now is to back up your personal files and re-install Win10 to try to re-enable BT. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Congratulations on your success. Please make sure system protection is enabled in Control Panel's restore point application just in case a Win10 update or some other update causes BT problems again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Does Device Manager show any red or yellow device driver warnings? Please post a screenshot of Device Manager if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    apologies for late reply.including hidden devices
  • JackE
    Looks like BT is OK. What BT device are you trying to add? In the tray/taskbar there should be a BT icon. Click on it to see options available. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    No,it's not available.I want to connect my bluetooth headset.when I'm troubleshooting bluetooth it's showing your device doesn't support it.Again I'm getting same what I sent in the beginning post
  • JackE
    (1) What is your BT headset name & model number? Your first post only says pro-set driver.

(2) Do you have a BT icon in your tray or taskbar?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    BT headset name - Boat Rockerz 400
    there is no BT icon in tray or taskbar
  • JackE
    Have you been able to pair with any other BT device? Like a BT phone or BT mouse? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    BT mouse is working with it's usb receiver.
  • JackE
    No, not a mouse with a dongle. What about a mobil phone? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    no nothing is pairing except dongle mouse.
  • JackE
    Your system already has a BT driver. Why did you also install a Boat Rockerz BT driver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Are you trying to connect this headset through a dongle? The dongle shouldn't be needed? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    I didn't install.it came when I try to connect BT headset by selecting 2nd option But it's not connected fully inbetween the connection process it stopped.From then it started showing in device manager

• GajalShankar
    No need of dongle for my BT headset
  • JackE
    You should've selected the first option BT since the headset is a BT audio device. A TV, monitor or dock won't be recognized. So go back into Device Manager and uninstall the Boat Rocker 400 driver. Exit and reboot Windows. Make sure Boat Rocker 400 is gone from Device Manager BT folder. Then put the Boat Rocker 400 into discovery mode and try to add it again. Then choose the first option. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    you must read my first post once again.what is happening with 1st option.Even after Doing what are you saying my problem wouldn't solved because after removing boat rockerz driver selecting first option showing bluetooth not supported
  • JackE
    OK. Uninstall all BT drivers from the BT and Network folders in Device Manager. Exit. Then reboot Windows and allow Windows to automatically re-detect and automatically re-install all the BT drivers. Then post another screenshot of the BT and Network adapters. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    what do you mean by network folders ? where are they located ?
  • GajalShankar
    Now I deleted all BT driverswhat I need to do next?
  • JackE
    edited November 2018
    Good. Now reboot Windows and then post another Device Mgr screenshot to make sure the original Microsoft drivers have been automaticallly re-installed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ