How Do I Turn Off Auto Dimming?

Options
boomgreen87
boomgreen87 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 and I cannot find any way to turn off the auto dimming. By auto dimming I am referring to when the screen dims on darker pages or in darker applications then brightens again when you are on a lighter page or in a lighter application. I have the Adaptive Brightness turned off in the Power Settings and have also turned off Enhanced Power Saving Mode in the Intel Graphics Control Panel but neither helped. How do I fix this?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try setting Sensor Monitoring service to manual or disabled, go to Services, right click Sensor Monitoring service, click properties, select startup type as manual or disabled with dropdown arrow, click Apply & OK and see whether it helps.

• boomgreen87
    boomgreen87 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try setting Sensor Monitoring service to manual or disabled, go to Services, right click Sensor Monitoring service, click properties, select startup type as manual or disabled with dropdown arrow, click Apply & OK and see whether it helps.

Sorry, forgot to check for replies! I just tried this and it is still doing the same thing.
  • Tarzankayaker
    Tarzankayaker Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Just fixed this on mine. Go to Intel graphics settings->power->  set display power saving technology to disable.

Counterintuitive, but this will change settings both on and off battery. Hope that works for you.