TravelMate X349-M doesnt recognize Headset (incl. Microphone) anymore

DerLauskop
DerLauskop Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Dear acer Community,
I am using my Hama Headset (00053984) now for a long time. I was using the headset since I got the Laptop and even before on another PC. It worked perfectly until 2 weeks. From then Windows 10 doesn't detect the Headset as an external Device but sounds are played when plugged in. But I can't switch between Headset and internal Speaksers. But the worst problem is, that I can't select the microphone from the Headset. I can just select the internal built-in microphone which is a big problem.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this error?

Thank you a lot.
DerLauskop

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    DerLauskop 
    >>>Try using the Troubleshooter
    Go to Settings, Head over to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Find Recording Audio, and click Run the troubleshooter
    Follow further on-screen instructions. Restart your computer.

If issue persists try the below mentioned steps :
    >Re-enable the microphone in privacy settings to allow apps to use the microphone, it is not muted.
    Open Settings from your start menu. Click on Privacy in order to access all your privacy settings.
    Select Microphone from the left pane and then click the Change button. Now, turn on microphone for this device. Turn on Allow apps to access your microphone. Finally in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for every app you want to give permission to access your microphone.

>>>Go to Control panel, Click Hardware and Sound. Under Sound click Manage Audio Devices. Click the Recording tab.
    Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your microphone. Click on the relevant device to highlight it, The list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and look for green bars rising while you talk. Double-click on the device from the list. The Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levelstab. Drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number ’100′ is displayed beside it.

>>> If still microphone is not working, follow these steps to use the Troubleshooting tool:
    In Windows, search for and open Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording, then click Next when the Recording Audio window opens. Click Next in the Recording Audio window.
    Select the device you would like to troubleshoot, click Next, then follow the on-screen instructions.
    If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.

>>>If issue persists try the below mentioned steps :
    >Re-enable the microphone in privacy settings to allow apps to use the microphone, it is not muted.
    >Disable Audio Enhancements , Recording devices > Enhancements tab > Disable all sound effects
    >Reset Windows Audio service, Go to Search, type services.msc, and open Services.
    Find the Windows Audio service.If this service is not enabled, right-click it, and select Start. If it’s enabled, right-click it and select Restart.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Does Device Manager shows any red or yellow warnings? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DerLauskop

Tinkerer

Thank you a lot for your fast help but the headset doesn't appear nowhere. It is like it isn't plugged in but I can hear sounds through the headphones. However the microphone doesn't work. There is just the internal microphone and I can't find the headset one.
  • DerLauskop

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Does Device Manager shows any red or yellow warnings? Jack E/NJ
    The device doesn't appear in the device manager and there are no red or yellow warning symbols. THe drivers are mostly all up to date.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    I'm not looking for a headset in Device Manager. I'm looking for warnings with the realtek controller. If none, uninstall the realtek device driver. Exit Device Manager without re-installing it. Then do a cold reboot and allow Win10 to automatically re-detect and re-install the driver it prefers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Try this:
    a) plug the headset into the notebook and then go to the control panel. Click hd realtek audio manager and double-click the black icon. The option to select the audio type will appear:

b) You can also access the realtek program by this path:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)