ACER SWIFT 3 Ryzen 5 2500U Rx Vega 8 NEW GPU DRIVER ??????

Mpegleris
Mpegleris Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello friends! 
Are there someone who knows if will be soon a newer vega 8 driver for us with ryzen 5 2500U? In AMD they have Andrenalin v.18.4.1 and we are still in Radeon 17.4

Also. 

I have major issues after the latest Windows update 1803. Specially when I run video in FULL SCREEN all red colors goes blue. I tryied several settings but all with the same result.For internal swift's screen and for external via hdmi I have blue colors instead red. Also I have the same problem when Im going in windows night light (there Im getting pink instead red) hahaha.
I think its time (specially after the latest windows update) that Acer have to update the video drivers for as with vega 8. as I saw this chip can gives more...

Thank you very much. =)

Best Answer

• flux
    flux Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Hello fellow Acer users. From my research on the internet, the Radeon Crimson 17.x has been reported with the color problem that you all mentioned. I forget the thread on AMD forum but I tried the suggestion and it works for me.
    Go to the .exe of the game, right click and select properties. Choose compatibility tab and uncheck the Disable fullscreen optimizations.
    I have tested this on Deus Ex and PES 2018, the color problem has solved with this options.
    Regards

Answers

• Ecip
    Ecip Member Posts: 84 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I agree. Driver updates, specifically graphics driver updates, are too slow. For graphics, I always want the latest, as soon as possible. Acer, please do a better, aka faster, job at pushing out graphic driver updates.
  • frcabot
    frcabot Member Posts: 8 New User
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried the AMD Adrenaline drivers? Apparently, depending on the Mobo, the Adrenaline drivers do work for some laptop Ryzen APUs (specifically the 2500U w/ Vega 8)
  • Mansour95
    Mansour95 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank God I'm not the only one I have this problem 
    In FULL SCREEN games red goes blue 
    I have vega 8 too
  • Ecip
    frcabot said:
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried the AMD Adrenaline drivers? Apparently, depending on the Mobo, the Adrenaline drivers do work for some laptop Ryzen APUs (specifically the 2500U w/ Vega 8)
    I dont want to experiment too much with it as I need the laptop daily, but if someone wants to play with it and let a guy know what works for the Ryzen 7 with the Vega 10 drivers, that be great. lol

• Mpegleris
    Mpegleris Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    frcabot said:
    Yes I tried Adrenalin 18.1 (before a month). I saw around 20% more fps (10-20fps more) on some games BUT was very unstable on playback some videos on youtube, Netflix stucked, vlc also stucked many times. Also windows night light didn't worked. So I went back in factory 17.4 driver...
  • frcabot
    Give the newest version a shot. Because the APU is manufactured as a whole by AMD on an integrated chip, there shouldn't be much variance if any between one Vega RX 8 and another. If it doesn't work you can always revert back but it's possible that 18.4 or whatever they're on has improved stability since 18.1 
  • frcabot
    Also try a manual install of this, specifically for Vega 8. https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=718ecbcb-bd92-4601-8488-e8db21cbecb6

The driver version from Microsoft is  23.20.815.5888 (compare to current in AMD control panel or device manager). I heard the latest MSFT ones were quite good. 
  • frcabot
    Hint, go here https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Vega and sort by date, the latest official driver for Vega 8 mobile graphics was released on April 30, 2018, click download  
  • frcabot
    Actually the April 16, 2018 release for some reason has a higher driver number of 23.20.845.0 and I'm not sure if that means it's more recent? AMD may have a weird numbering convention. 
  • flux
    Hi, I also have same problem in fullscreen gaming which turn the color to blue.
    So far I have tested on 2 games, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Metro Last Light.

In Deus Ex, once I get to main menu, I go to video settings and just change one of its setting such as antialiasing. The the color back to normal once I change my antialiasing setting. Once it gets to normal I just change it back to my original setting.
    While in Metro Last Light, the color is mismatch on intro but when it gets into main menu the color is normal.
  • flux
    Answer ✓
    Hello fellow Acer users. From my research on the internet, the Radeon Crimson 17.x has been reported with the color problem that you all mentioned. I forget the thread on AMD forum but I tried the suggestion and it works for me.
    Go to the .exe of the game, right click and select properties. Choose compatibility tab and uncheck the Disable fullscreen optimizations.
    I have tested this on Deus Ex and PES 2018, the color problem has solved with this options.
    Regards
  • abhi02
    abhi02 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I m having the colour problem while gaming full screen pls acer fix this problem give us an updated driver software.
  • Skyflakes
    Skyflakes Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

flux said:
    Regards
    Didn't work for me for some games
    But...
    What I did was I updated my BIOS from Product Support.  The latest version was 1.08 from June 28, 2018.
    I am currently using Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G-R4BW Ryzen 5 2500u with Radeon 535 2GB DVRAM.
    Hope this this solution is not too late for others...
    Anyway, happy gaming everybody!
  • Yawngaruga
    Yawngaruga Member Posts: 4 New User
    Skyflakes said:
    Didn't work for me for some games
    But...
    What I did was I updated my BIOS from Product Support.  The latest version was 1.08 from June 28, 2018.
    I am currently using Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G-R4BW Ryzen 5 2500u with Radeon 535 2GB DVRAM.
    Hope this this solution is not too late for others...
    Anyway, happy gaming everybody!
    Hello! i also have the same laptop, i messed up and managed to uninstall the drivers for my Vega and and radeon 535 because i want a newer version for stability. what version should i get?
  • Skyflakes

Tinkerer

@Yawngaruga
    Just a quick research on the internet:
    AMD APUs with the Raven Ridge architecture are just going to get quarterly updates. Meaning AMD will only update it every 3 months.
    And AMD recommends getting driver software directly from the manufacturers.

Since version 18.x.x of the Adrenaline Software is still in beta, if you want stability, stick to the default VGA drivers found in Acer Product Support.
    If you want the latest and greatest (but I highly doubt that you'll gonna use the laptop for super instensive gaming such as Battlefield V [you might want to build a gaming rig]), there are guides on Youtube on how to update drivers manually using the Radeon RX Vega Desktop drivers.

I just use my machine mainly for research and thesis purposes, and light e-sports gaming on the side.

Good luck!
  • ajm
    ajm Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Contact Support and complain about the issue.  I have, here is the reply I got. Unacceptable IMO, the driver (although released by Acer in March, was actually released by other vendors in January, so it is now 8 months old)

I have just had a response from our head office regarding the drivers on our web site.
    Unfortunately these are the most up to date drivers we have and are the only ones our units support. Whilst these will inevitably be updated in the future, we do not currently have a schedule, or time scale for when this will be.  Typically they are supported for at least 6 years which Trading Standards deem as being the life span of the product. Often the drivers are updated for longer than this period however.
    I'm sorry that I am unable to provide you with the answer you would have liked today, but I thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query.
    Many thanks

• Skyflakes

Tinkerer

ajm said:
    Contact Support and complain about the issue.  I have, here is the reply I got. Unacceptable IMO, the driver (although released by Acer in March, was actually released by other vendors in January, so it is now 8 months old)

I have just had a response from our head office regarding the drivers on our web site.
    Unfortunately these are the most up to date drivers we have and are the only ones our units support. Whilst these will inevitably be updated in the future, we do not currently have a schedule, or time scale for when this will be.  Typically they are supported for at least 6 years which Trading Standards deem as being the life span of the product. Often the drivers are updated for longer than this period however.
    I'm sorry that I am unable to provide you with the answer you would have liked today, but I thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query.
    Many thanks

Well then, we'll just hope that sometime, we would get an update in drivers from Acer.
    Thanks for asking Acer Support for the issue.
  • Allymay56
    Allymay56 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ioved just bought one of these laptops and when using sky go (uk tv subs channel) - all faces etc are blue on full screen live play
  • ajm
    ajm Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Allymay56 said:
    Ioved just bought one of these laptops and when using sky go (uk tv subs channel) - all faces etc are blue on full screen live play
    Suggest you open a ticket with support or return it to the store.
    It's the only way they'll get the message.
  • Ecip
    WE NEED UP-TO-DATE DRIVERS!!!