Aspire to TV using HDMI - won't work

marcycn43
marcycn43 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited February 27 in 2018 Archives
I have two Acer Aspire Laptops, one ES!-711-P14W and the other 5742z-4459.   I want to ditch my Cable connection/bill and use one of my laptops to watch TV.  My TV is a Vizio 55" and my livingroom begs for it to be watched. :-)  Anyway, I have the HDMI cables connected to the laptop and the TV on HDMI1.  I've tried all the combinations of the startup that I can find using Google.  One even says use FN F5 which I did several times.  TV just says 'no signal'.  I tried to get the TV as a second monitor but the laptop(s) don't see it.  I've got the TV on HDMI2 - it was easier to connect the cable that way when I got the TV.  

My device drivers are up to date.  The laptops are running Windows 10 Pro ver 1709.  Not ready to do the latest update.  I'm at the end of my searching ability and knowledge and need that one tip from one of you to get this all to work.  I'm not new to any of this, I just don't do it on a daily basis anymore. :-(  Help???

Answers

• Spelunker
    Spelunker Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    marcycn43

Try the following steps to see if it works. By the way, do not plug in your laptop into the same wall outlet where you've plugged in your TV power cable. Try plugging your laptop into another wall outlet or run it on battery.

1. Power off all HDMI devices/laptop connected to the TV.
    2. Disconnect all HDMI cables from the TV.
    3. Power off and unplug the TV’s power cord from the surge protector or wall outlet.
    4. Press and hold the TV power button for 30 seconds.
    5. Reconnect the HDMI cable from laptop back into the HDMI ports on the TV.
    6. Re-plug the TV’s power cord back into the surge protector or wall outlet.
    Click 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Please Click 'Yes' if the comment answers your question! 

Please click 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Please click 'Yes' if the comment answers your question