Can I install Intel Optane Memory on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-57WR laptop?

kunalchiddarwar
kunalchiddarwar Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-57WR (NH.Q3LSI.008) comes with 128GB SSD and no Optane Memory.
Does it support Optane Memory? Is it possible to install Intel Optane Memory later on this laptop?

Best Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, 

kunalchiddarwar

Acer Nitro 5 laptops with 7th and 8th gen supports Intel Optane Memory of 16 and 32 GB. It is advised to go for SSD instead of Optane Memory. The main reason is that, Optane Memory just multiply your HDD performance by twice to thrice. However, SSD increases 10 times faster than HDD .
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Thanks.
    But if required is it possible to install Optane Memory on this Model in future? Does it have required hardware?
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS, move to Main tab, click SATA mode and check whether "RST with Optane" option is available, if it is available, you may be able to use Optane memory, I haven't tried it, so can not confirm with authority.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, 

kunalchiddarwar

Acer Nitro 5 laptops with 7th and 8th gen supports Intel Optane Memory of 16 and 32 GB. It is advised to go for SSD instead of Optane Memory. The main reason is that, Optane Memory just multiply your HDD performance by twice to thrice. However, SSD increases 10 times faster than HDD .
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• kunalchiddarwar
    edited August 2018
    Thanks.
    But if required is it possible to install Optane Memory on this Model in future? Does it have required hardware?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Thanks.
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS, move to Main tab, click SATA mode and check whether "RST with Optane" option is available, if it is available, you may be able to use Optane memory, I haven't tried it, so can not confirm with authority.

• kunalchiddarwar
    OK. Thanks.
  • HBMAHADEVA
    HBMAHADEVA Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

hi @kunalchiddarwar did you tried optane?

• kaflebishal0123
    kaflebishal0123 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I have the same problem. I looked at bios and there is rst with optane option. But when i save by selecting it the pc goes to automatic repair and diagnosing. Please tell me what is happening here...hirry
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    I have the same problem. I looked at bios and there is rst with optane option. But when i save by selecting it the pc goes to automatic repair and diagnosing. Please tell me what is happening here...hirry
    You have posted in an old Topic already marked SOLVED please start a new Topic of your own for your question 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★