BSOD when laptop used on battery

Gensiorek
Gensiorek Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

edited August 2018 in Aspire Laptops
I have problem with my laptop.(Acer aspire 5 a515-42g-t53g) Always after max 5 min use on battery , i'm getting bluescreen. "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" im trying to reinstall graphic driver , old ,new version -this not solve the problem . Maybe it's because i upgrade my bios.. I used laptop first time on battery yesterday  after upgrading the bios-(i upgrade bios 2 weeks ago i think). On the power supply all works good.

Answers

• Is your model the a515-41g? I did not find the a515-42g!
    What is the current version of your bios? To check, go to cmd as administrator and type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
    Try doing a power reset!
    To do this, disconnect the notebook from power and turn it on! Find a hole with the symbol of a battery next to it and press for five seconds! Then leave the notebook off for five minutes!
    Also do the following: go to the device manager and delete the battery driver, delete it and restart!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gensiorek

Tinkerer

Is your model the a515-41g? I did not find the a515-42g!
    What is the current version of your bios? To check, go to cmd as administrator and type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
    Try doing a power reset!
    To do this, disconnect the notebook from power and turn it on! Find a hole with the symbol of a battery next to it and press for five seconds! Then leave the notebook off for five minutes!
    Also do the following: go to the device manager and delete the battery driver, delete it and restart!
    Ok . I do all of this . Reset battery, uninstall from devicr managar. Its not solved problem. Bios version 1.06
    Maybe downgrade bios reapair this.
  • Gensiorek

Tinkerer

Is your model the a515-41g? I did not find the a515-42g!
    Try doing a power reset!
    Ok, can't install older bios. Have you another idea?
  • Try the following: press windows + r and type msconfig; go to system startup and select the Safe boot with network option and reboot! In Safe mode uninstall and delete the video drivers and intel and nvidia as well as the mouse drivers and restart the notebook! Still in safe mode update the drivers for the device manager and restart again! Then exit safe mode and make sure the problem remains!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Daxjfg
    Daxjfg Member Posts: 1 New User
    this bug started for me 2 days ago before I did not had it. the problem is related to avoid battery method driver disable it instead of uninstall so it does not reinstall again. of course this is not a great solution since we loss the ability to use power settings like sleep etc and the battery icon. we should send the report to the manufacturer cause other brands had this issue and bios update solved it for them do not send your laptop to warranty you will just waste time is a bios fix need
  • Gensiorek

Tinkerer

Try the following: press windows + r and type msconfig; go to system startup and select the Safe boot with network option and reboot! In Safe mode uninstall and delete the video drivers and intel and nvidia as well as the mouse drivers and restart the notebook! Still in safe mode update the drivers for the device manager and restart again! Then exit safe mode and make sure the problem remains!

Daxjfg said:
    this bug started for me 2 days ago before I did not had it. the problem is related to avoid battery method driver disable it instead of uninstall so it does not reinstall again. of course this is not a great solution since we loss the ability to use power settings like sleep etc and the battery icon. we should send the report to the manufacturer cause other brands had this issue and bios update solved it for them do not send your laptop to warranty you will just waste time is a bios fix need
    I try install older graphics driver and finally its work on 17.1 from acer site..  And now its now BSOD! But i have another problems with this, rx 540 usage drops from 100%to 50% or 0% all time . Its switch to integrated and  there is drop fps. And i cant open advanced settings in this version...  
  • Make sure downloading the latest video drivers on amd's site solves the problem! If it still does not resolve, disable the battery driver in the device manager as the colleague said @Daxfg!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gensiorek

Tinkerer

Make sure downloading the latest video drivers on amd's site solves the problem! If it still does not resolve, disable the battery driver in the device manager as the colleague said @Daxfg!
    On latest driver again bsod and 2min boot bios time.. drivers from acer site solve the problem ,but there is new - games using more integrated card and i cant change it.
  • PislickB3
    PislickB3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have solved this problem
    First go power options and you must edit maximize cpu power(or something else i dont know) after that select on battery and do it max cpu power %99
    Sorry for my english

• AliceSB
    AliceSB Member Posts: 3 New User
    Daxjfg said:
    I tried everything you all suggested but only when I disabled the battery driver I won about this problem. Thanks guys! Thank u very much @Daxjfg
  • AliceSB
    AliceSB Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited March 2021
    I found the solution finally.

Download of Driver Booster 8, doesn't need to be the pro version, it'll show the battery driver is defective. Just make the DB8 correct it and everything will be fine.