I am thinking of buying the Acer swift 1 SF114-32-P2PK and i need to know if storage can be upgraded

Ducktapefixesall
Ducktapefixesall Member Posts: 3 New User
I am thinking of buying the Acer swift 1 SF114-32-P2PK and i need to know if the storage can be upgraded. It is a very nice looking laptop but has little storage. If it does have a m.2 slot for a ssd, it would be nice to know the length also so I can order the right size.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, The computer model Acer SF114-32-P2PK, which you are looking for comes in-built with 64GB of eMMC chip. Apart from that it has option to add SSD module. You can either have 256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe (or) 128 GB / 256 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s. Both are NVMe SSD module. 

Below is the list of compatible SSD module name & vendor respective to size. 

For 128 GB:- 
    1. Kingston SSD ----  RBU-SNS8180S3
    2. Hynix SSD -------- HFS128G39TND-N210A
    Max. Read Speed/Bandwidth Up to 530 (SATA 6 Gb/s)

For 256GB:- 
    1. Micron SSD ------- MTFDDAV256TBN
    2. Hynix SSD -------- HFS256G39TND-N210A
    Max. Read Speed/Bandwidth Up to 540 (SATA 6 Gb/s)

Both SSD module interface is SATA, Third Generation and Max. Write Speed/Bandwidth Up to 450 (SATA 6 Gb/s). 

Regarding the size, It is recommended to buy the compatible SSD module provided above and that will exactly fit in the SSD module slot. The size of the screw needed for fixing the SSD module is M2 × L2 and Torque is 1.6 ± 0.2 kgf cm. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, The computer model Acer SF114-32-P2PK, which you are looking for comes in-built with 64GB of eMMC chip. Apart from that it has option to add SSD module. You can either have 256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe (or) 128 GB / 256 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s. Both are NVMe SSD module. 

Below is the list of compatible SSD module name & vendor respective to size. 

For 128 GB:- 
    1. Kingston SSD ----  RBU-SNS8180S3
    2. Hynix SSD -------- HFS128G39TND-N210A
    Max. Read Speed/Bandwidth Up to 530 (SATA 6 Gb/s)

For 256GB:- 
    1. Micron SSD ------- MTFDDAV256TBN
    2. Hynix SSD -------- HFS256G39TND-N210A
    Max. Read Speed/Bandwidth Up to 540 (SATA 6 Gb/s)

Both SSD module interface is SATA, Third Generation and Max. Write Speed/Bandwidth Up to 450 (SATA 6 Gb/s). 

Regarding the size, It is recommended to buy the compatible SSD module provided above and that will exactly fit in the SSD module slot. The size of the screw needed for fixing the SSD module is M2 × L2 and Torque is 1.6 ± 0.2 kgf cm. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Also, there's not a size limit to the drive, you can put whichever M.2 NVMe you can afford in, so 250GB, 500GB, 8TB are all OK. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.