G3-710 case fan install

meneedlowping
meneedlowping Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited January 2018 in Predator Desktops
Hello! Looked, search, explored high and low for this answer and could not find one or even a visual representation of it. 

Question: where would I install a Noctua 92mm fans cable on the g3-710 specific motherboard ?  I don’t see the “generic” fan header on the board near the battery and CPU. My fan comes with a Y cable and a standard cable (4pin)

has as anyone here installed a fan on this specific motherboard and where did you install it? Any pictures for reference ??

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,016 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    You can connect it on the system fan connector (FANC2 - #15):

France
  • Predator_Don
    Predator_Don Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    This is an awesome diagram of the Motherboard with all the pins identified, where is the list to identify the pins since I can't find it anywhere.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,016 Trailblazer
    Hi Predator_Don,
    Here is the list:

France
  • Predator_Don
    Excellent thanks
  • Predator_Don
    @ Pathfinder, Following up on my last post, Acer Canada does not provide a proper Motherboard Manual with the Info you posted and I've seen other posts with detailed Memory info.  Do you have a link to the full manual for those of us who like to upgrade
  • Predator_Don
    edited August 2018
    Here's a link to the other thread where I posted the case fan install, very quiet keeping things cool with a Pulse-width Modulation (PWM) control using the socket as illustrated as # 15 above.  
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/471317/g3-710-external-fan-socket
  • munter_hunter306
    munter_hunter306 Member Posts: 1 New User
    How did the fan install go? and did it make a good difference?

• Predator_Don
    How did the fan install go? and did it make a good difference?
    Sorry I haven't been on here in a while.  So far so good, haven't had heat issues and since it's the PWM version the speed only regulates with the demand.  It stays relatively quiet and then ramps up as it heats up.  There are photos on the link I made previous to yours.

• Kraotic
    Kraotic Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2019
    Sorry I haven't been on here in a while.  So far so good, haven't had heat issues and since it's the PWM version the speed only regulates with the demand.  It stays relatively quiet and then ramps up as it heats up.  There are photos on the link I made previous to yours.

My G3 is usually super quiet and cool so from time to time I'd just go put my hand on the case just to double check. It was usually only a little warm to the touch. Today I noticed it was being a bit louder, so a fan was running harder and I looked at it was around 80 Celsius on the GPU, which was hot to the touch. That's kinda ok, but considering it's sitting at 38 right now with the same things running (I have a game on a lot which usually isn't taxing but I guess sometimes it's pushing the GPU a lot more) it was enough to make me wonder about the cooling situation, so I found this thread.

Anyway, I'd like to put a case fan in and it seems like PWM is the way to go. That way if I'm not paying attention it'll have more to bring that temperature down. One question though, did you set it up to pull air in or push air out? I'm not really sure what would be best for this PC.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Depends on whether you are mounting it at the front or rear of the case. Typically you try for air flow from the rear to the front. You might also double check for dust buildup, especially on the processor heat sink fins.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pastaboi
    Pastaboi Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi mate, just done my fan if you like or not. 3x 120 fans for intake and one 80mm fan for exhaust in the back
  • billsey
    Looks really nice! Double check the CFMs to see if the one will handle most of the load from the three. It's not too much of an issue to keep positive pressure in the case (actually helps to keep the dust out) but too much mucks with efficiency of the fans.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pastaboi
    Pastaboi Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Yeah im not to worried about dust, not hard to clean out. I just wanna keep it cool
  • cbroogie
    cbroogie Member Posts: 1 New User
    hey guys, component # 22 is where the front panel connectors go right ? im hoping i have them connected right, but as i dont hve the manual for this mobo (bought this pre built) i feel like im taking a wild guess as to how to properly connect them 
  • TIEchris
    TIEchris Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Guys,
    I have this set-up and exchanged the gtx970 for a gtx1070... by now I think about upgrading my i5-CPU but being no expert at all, it's kinda hard for me to find out, which might be the best cpu compatible with the main board...
    I would really appreciate any help from you - so if you have any suggestions?

Greetings 

Chris
  • billsey
    @TIEchris you should start a new thread for you question. Make sure to give us the full model number. Since there have been at least two different model lines with the G3-710 it's important to tell us which processor you have, just an i5 doesn't tell us enough. :)
  • Maxiking071
    Maxiking071 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello,
    You can connect it on the system fan connector (FANC2 - #15):

Can you give me a Description where to put my Powerbutton from the Case? 

Like ik it’s slot 22 because that’s where my Acer one is connected to, but i bought a new case and there are those small ones and I don’t know where to put them. 
  • billsey
    Trace the wires back from the front of the Acer case to figure out which are which. That connector usually has the power button, a power LED, potentially a disk activity LED and sometimes a reset button. The first two are going to be most important.