I have SF315-51G linux. Installed Windows but Intel(r) UHD Graphic 620 has error.

Options
2»

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    ditto to what Jack said.

Don't worry.  It will activate.  It's perfectly fine to install Windows and Acer drivers while not connected internet.   After you get Windows installed, and all of your Acer drivers installed, just connect internet and you'll have instant activation.  No worries.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • owaisidris
    owaisidris Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JordanB said:
    ditto to what Jack said.

Don't worry.  It will activate.  It's perfectly fine to install Windows and Acer drivers while not connected internet.   After you get Windows installed, and all of your Acer drivers installed, just connect internet and you'll have instant activation.  No worries.
    @J@JackE
    @J@JordanB

I have tried my best to download build  1703|1607 I failed. It takes 5-6 hours to download out of 4.04GB only 3.7GB is downloaded, complete waste. Rufus prompts 400~500 MB missing.

From a friend I got 1709-Build I tried that.
    1. Installed it without internet
    2. Installed driver without internet followed by restarts.
    3. Connected to internet windows got activated.
    4. Tried to update Graphic driver => You have latest driver installed.
    5. WIndows update started updating to version 1803.
    6. Now when I try to update there is not graphic driver update by windows.
    7. Tried to update from Device manager.
    8. Boom: it gave me same error where it started. Error 43 in installing driver.
  • owaisidris
    Options
    I have also raised a ticket with Microsoft

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-download-window-10-version1703-all-i/21d6cf59-fbbb-42a4-a7d3-0f81d0c0fec8?tm=1530481762229

In case if it is not possible to get it run then I would request a refund. 
  • JordanB
    Options
    Yeah, I think you need to return it and get a computer that comes pre-installed with Windows 10.  You can easily install Ubuntu or Mint on the Windows version of your computer.......if you need Ubuntu-Windows 10 dual boot.  Just follow the correct dual procedure posted on the forum in many places (read my posts).

If you want to download 1703 directly from isonet (not Microsoft server) then look at screenshot below.

http://windowsiso.net/windows-10-iso/windows-10-creators-update-1703-download-build-15063/windows-10-creators-update-1703-iso-download-standard/
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    @JordanB>>>You can easily install Ubuntu or Mint on the Windows version of your computer..>>>

I agree! For example, Mint Cinnamon 18.3 GUI alongside Win10 can be set up with virtually the same look, feel, & functional simplicity of a fast Win7 machine --- my preferred interface--- with very few driver issues that eventually always seems to plague a Win10 laptop when a major update comes along.  And the Mint issues that do exist are more annoying than disabling that often happens with a Win10update. I don't even use Win10 anymore on my Win10 machines. And all the extra workplace goodies that run under Mint don't cost anywhere near what Microsoft charges.    Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• owaisidris
    Options
    JackE said:
    @JordanB>>>You can easily install Ubuntu or Mint on the Windows version of your computer..>>>

I agree! For example, Mint Cinnamon 18.3 GUI alongside Win10 can be set up with virtually the same look, feel, & functional simplicity of a fast Win7 machine --- my preferred interface--- with very few driver issues that eventually always seems to plague a Win10 laptop when a major update comes along.  And the Mint issues that do exist are more annoying than disabling that often happens with a Win10update. I don't even use Win10 anymore on my Win10 machines. And all the extra workplace goodies that run under Mint don't cost anywhere near what Microsoft charges.    Jack E/NJ 
    I want to use Adobe XD. Reason I switched to Windows 10. Now in this case I will have to return this laptop but what about Windows Purchase($145/Rs 10K) will they take it back?
  • JackE
    Options
    As @JordanB said >>>You can easily install Ubuntu or Mint on the Windows version of your computer.>>>

I think Jordan's suggestion here is to keep your laptop with your Windows purchase and install Mint alongside Mint in dual boot mode. Mine is setup that way with a minimum size Windows partition to run the very few Windows programs I occasionally need. Mint gets the largest partition and is the default startup system because it runs most of the programs I need on a daily basis. Plus I have stability and not have to worry if the next forced Win10update is gonna change or disable something. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• owaisidris
    Options
    JackE said:
    Thanks Jordan. I think @owaisidris has already tried your suggestions.

@owaisidris said >>>It was a Linux version>>>I get brightness control in version 22.*.*.* and 24.*.*.* but not on 23.*.*.. But 23* has good resolution>>>told me not to install Build(1803) of Windows 10 but Acer is supporting it. So it should work with it. >>>1. Intel 2. Nvidia>>>I purchased Windows 10 Home but I found Windows 10 Pro(170* build number) was installed>>>

I'm starting to suspect 2 reasons for this video glitch. Unfortunately both seem nearly impossible to confirm with a sure fix right now.

(1) Aside from the ACER device & app driver files themselves, some system files that interact with these drivers in generic Win10Pro or Home are not the same as in ACER-specific Win10Home. The ACER installation isn't available because your machine's SNID was only certified to run properly on Linux.

(2) This model shipped with at least 9 slightly different mainboards. We probably can't determine if they were all certified for Win10, Linux or both.   

Sorry. But at this time you might have to choose between having lo-rez with or hi-rez w/o brightness control under Win10Pro.

Jack E/NJ
    Hey I followed the these steps
    1. Installed WIndow 10(1703)
    2. Let it update.
    3. Finally I have 23.20.16.5038( I don't remember what was last time 23.**..)
    What it solved?
    1. I now have latest possible driver installed from windows update and got rid of error 43.
    2. Brightness controls are working fine.
    3. Night mode is  working fine.

What it did not solved?
    I still have a low-resolution out put.

I am hoping with next driver update these will be addressed.
    What next?

• JackE
    Options
    @owaisidris >>>I am hoping with next driver update these will be addressed. What next?>>>

What next? Well, I suggest also hoping that the next update improves rez without degrading something else.  =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB
    edited July 2018
    Options
    About the blur.......

I have a whole bunch of questions so hopefuily @JackE can help you.  I'm tied up for holidays.

1.  Do you get the blur when you connect to an external monitor?
    2.  What's blurry?  Games?  Microsoft Word?  Youtube videos? Everything?
    3.  Can you post some screenshots or post some video of the blur?
    4.  According to this review, the screen doesn't have very good response time for gaming....and you might get some blur (ghosting) when gaming.
    5. Someone else with your model had a blur problem but not sure if that's the same blur you have.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/545666

Good luck!

• Ajaycyb
    Ajaycyb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello @owaisidris,
    Did you get any solution to this? I also have this problem. I've bought the Linux version an later installed MS W10 pro and updated to the latest build. I've tried installing almost all the drivers from V22.xxx to V24.xxx. Currently, I've installed V23.xx after going through your comments, But the problem is not solved and the text appears blurry and the resolution doesn't look good at all.
    Please do post a reply if you've got a solution to this.
    Thank You.
  • JackE
    Options
    @Ajaycyb You might also try sending a PM if you don't get a response with a day or two. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jamesbond01
    Jamesbond01 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    I also had SF315G Linux but later I have moved to windows now it's being a while I have been using but after updating my windows I am facing on of the error that is Error Code 0x80072F8F. This is the major error and also I have fixed the error and now my Windows is running smoothly. 

• Jamesbond01
    Options
    I also had SF315G Linux but later I have moved to windows now it's being a while I have been using but after updating my windows I am facing on of the error that is Error Code 0x80072F8F. Which is the major error and also I have fixed the error and now my Windows is running smoothly. 

• Jamesbond01
    Options
    I also had SF315G Linux but later I have moved to windows now it's being a while I have been using but after updating my windows I am facing on of the error that is Error Code 0x80072F8F. Which is the major error and also I have fixed the error and now my Windows is running smoothly.