Re Setting TPM Chipset

Options
itani
itani Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

I have an Acer Aspire R13. After yesterday's Win 10 update, I'm receiving a system security warning to reset the TPM Chipset. Microsoft recommended visiting ACER Security Advisory webpage (https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51137) for updates before resetting the TPM, but my model was not listed there. So I ended up resetting the TPM without applying any further updates from Acer.  Windows 10 has latest updates.  Unfortunately, Win 10 Security system warning is repeating the need to reset the Security Processor in order to fix functionality issues.  Any idea?

Answers

• itani

Tinkerer

Options
    I was able to find a solution as follows:

I run tpm.msc the management Console of TPM.  The TPM Manufacturer is INTC.  The status was showing as not ready for use.  From the right side Actions Menu, I applied "Prepare the TPM..." action.  I restarted my laptop and the problem is so far solved.

I did not Clear the TPM after that. Just left it as is.

It was definitely caused by Win 10 version 1803 update and I hope the above takes care of this glitch.

• itani

Tinkerer

Options
    Unfortunately the problem re-surfaced.  This time the management console threw in a message: "Compatible TPM cannot be found" and "Compatible Trusted Platform Module (TPM) cannot be found on this computer. Verify that this computer has a 1.2TPM or later and it is turned on in the BIOS.  No actions can be applied.
  • itani

Tinkerer

Options
    Anyone? Any ACER Technician that can help?  Following is additional information from Win10 generated TPM log:

TPM Device Information
      -TPM Present: True
      -TPM Version: 2.0
      -TPM Manufacturer ID: INTC
      -TPM Manufacturer Version: 11.0.0.0
      -PPI Spec Version: 1.2
      -Ready For Storage: False
      -Ready For Attestation: False
      -Information Flags: 0x0000000E
      -Is Capable For Attestation: False
      -Clear Needed To Recover: True
      -TPM Has Vulnerable FW: False
      -PCR7 Binding State: 0
      -TPM Spec Version 0
      -TPM Errata Date:
      -PC Client Version: 0

Regards,
  • STUw10
    STUw10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    exactly the same problem on my acer aspire R13. My W10 is fully updated. Driver uninstalled and reinstalled to windows driver v2.0. TPM.MSC shows "compatible TPM not found on computer".Driver looks functional in device manager but Windows Defender keeps suggesting TPM be cleared (clearing TPM makes no difference-error keeps reappearing).
    Sorry no solution yet. 
  • chravikishore
    chravikishore Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I too had the same issue with my laptop. I am using Aspire E5-574G. I tired resetting TPM settings, but not useful. This is happening after recent windows 10 update. Current build no I am using is 17134. Can some one please help me.