(URGENT) Acer Nitro 5 Serious LAG Problem - Please Help Me!!!

Maevinarsh
Maevinarsh Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Everyone. Yesterday, I bought a new laptop called Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-50WX (2018). I love everything... The laptop specs, the eye-catching design, it's everything. It has NVIDIA Gefore GTX 1050 with 4GB VRAM, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5 8300H, and running with Windows 10. No SSD, but I have 1TB HDD inside this laptop.
But like seriously, I only installed a few apps like Chrome, Firefox, Opera and avast Antivirus. Thats All!
And even before I installed this, it lags like hell. It just freezes many times. Even when I click the search button at the bottom left corner. It just lags. It takes quite long to boot, to shutdown, and even to open an app.
Comparing to my older Acer laptop which runs at Windows 7, with 4GB of RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GT520M with 1GB of VRAM and Intel Core i5 2nd Gen, it runs more smoother without any lag at all.
I am very dissapointed now. I spent a lot of time working for money to buy this laptop, Acer Nitro 5 for gaming purposes. And when it lags for such a simple thing, how am I gonna play a dammit game!?
Below I have attached a few screenshots of the Task Manager of my Acer Nitro 5 for your kind attention. I am hoping that anyone of you are willing to help me. I am really frustrated now.

-You might get shocked looking at my laptop's Memory. There are many 'not needed' processes and services out there running and sucking off my RAM Usage. I only want the important services and processes to run. I expect my laptop to run smoothly and the memory usage should never ever exceed 30% when I am not even using the laptop. Now my laptop's memory usage exceeds 73% when the laptop is unused. Its all the unnecessary services and processes.

I hope anyone of you helps me solve this problem. Thank You.

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓

Hi all,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Nitro 5, i want to thank you all for your patience while we resolved this issue.  We have found a solution for this problem “system hang up then black display after reboot” and release an BIOS update (version 1.15) with a fix for it. Please follow the steps here

It also looks like we have multiple threads reporting this issue, in order to consolidate all topics and be able to keep track of all of the reports from our users we will go close this topic. Please continue the discussion on this topic: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/576259#Comment_576259 

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

Answers

• Maevinarsh
    Maevinarsh Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

And just for an update, I just opened 3 tabs (acer.com, shopping website and a Makeuseof website) and task manager shows chrome takes around 800MB of RAM... like seriously?
  • Himture
    Himture Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I had a few lagging issues too on my acer nitro 5 when brand new .. As your laptop is new i think there is not much personal files stored on your system so i will suggest the best thing to do is reset windows 10 .. Its the best way out .. I had reset my windows and then my laptop worked awesome ..

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • SuperEd13
    SuperEd13 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    I had geek squad do a tuneup, they took bloatware out, on msconfig under startup the programs that run in background at startup are kept to a minimal, under battery i have performance checked.. Im not a fan of the hdd drives though with sdd you would fly and you should really have 8 gb of ram atleast that speeds things up .. change to sdd and add 4 more ram and do a windows reset , take care of bloat and minimize startup items and you will have a machine that flys 
  • meshswapnil
    meshswapnil Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    there's a new bios update for an515-52/53 model -

1. Fix system hang up issue
    also they've updated the INTEL VGA drivers , try reinstalling the drivers.

you can download it from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7572?b=1
    hope it helps . ty

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓

Hi all,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Nitro 5, i want to thank you all for your patience while we resolved this issue.  We have found a solution for this problem “system hang up then black display after reboot” and release an BIOS update (version 1.15) with a fix for it. Please follow the steps here

It also looks like we have multiple threads reporting this issue, in order to consolidate all topics and be able to keep track of all of the reports from our users we will go close this topic. Please continue the discussion on this topic: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/576259#Comment_576259 

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

This discussion has been closed.