PH315-51 showing black screen after one hour of web surfing

Answers

• Roland_Lorinczi
    Roland_Lorinczi Member Posts: 126 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    @raagkush Odd...But you didn't miss out on much :) just an intel driver there...
    ⚠️ If you're affected by the System Hang/ Black Screen issue:

Official Fix Announced by Acer_Manny
    Instructions for FIX

Currently owned Acer systems:
    💻 Predator Helios 300 (PH317-52) - i7 8750H, GTX 1060, Win 10 64bit (build 1803), 8gb Ram (single channel), WD Blue 256GB SSD in M.2 slot, 931GB Hitachi HGST factory Hard drive. [Owned New Since 2018, May 22nd - Overheating (solved-ish) , PredatorSense not working (solved) & BLACK SCREEN ISSUE (BIOS update 1.15) ] 
    💻 Predator Helios 300 (PH315-51) - Same specs and issues as above 
    💻 Aspire 5750G - 2nd Gen. i5 processor, 4gigs of ram, nVidia GT 540M [Owned new Since 2010 - in working condition]

:) Status: Been with Acer since 2010 - Was disappointed with the Blackscreen issue & lack of interaction from staff for ~1week
    But Acer_Manny and the Acer team came through with BIOS announcement and upload.
  • Akashsoni6898
    Akashsoni6898 Member Posts: 2 New User
    How to install bios 
  • therealsujith
    therealsujith Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

@Roland_Lorinczi
    Reply from acer
  • badaltharayil
    badaltharayil Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Roland_Lorinczi: you can use the setup i shared yesterday. It works
  • praveen001
    praveen001 Member Posts: 23 Networker
    raagkush said:
    Can't see BIOS!
    for ph 315-15
    if u want to install bios 1.15 
    link is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r8edFM0nDO-PfUDpfUWf7iuMeWHnH5fw/view?usp=sharing
    they are updating in 2 days in site. you can download from my link or wait and download from official site
  • praveen001
    praveen001 Member Posts: 23 Networker
    hello @Roland_Lorinczi
    I think you purchased your predator on this year. so I think your laptop is under warranty period. so why not you  take service from "Contact Acer Service" they will install Bios in your laptop. but if you want to install by yourself  ,please remember bro , before installing BIOS, plug charger then install.
  • Roland_Lorinczi
    @praveen001 Fair point, I don't like the idea of resort to a service center though as the only one in my country is 350 kilometers away so I'd have to send it to them and get it back via a courier...

And repair centers here have a tendency to sit on it for a week or two, then send it back, perhaps scratched up a bit (which you can't really fight here, they'll just say they got it like that...).

It might go better but these are actual personal experiences I've had that keep me from resorting to that unless absolutely necessary...

So I'd be way happier if I could find all updates including BIOS on acer's official website somewhere...I mean if they HAVE it, if they distributed it to service centers...then it just seems like it'd be helpful to have it on there, on the driver support page, updated :|

Instructions for FIX

💻 Predator Helios 300 (PH317-52) - i7 8750H, GTX 1060, Win 10 64bit (build 1803), 8gb Ram (single channel), WD Blue 256GB SSD in M.2 slot, 931GB Hitachi HGST factory Hard drive. [Owned New Since 2018, May 22nd - Overheating (solved-ish) , PredatorSense not working (solved) & BLACK SCREEN ISSUE (BIOS update 1.15) ] 
    💻 Aspire 5750G - 2nd Gen. i5 processor, 4gigs of ram, nVidia GT 540M [Owned new Since 2010 - in working condition]

:) Status: Been with Acer since 2010 - Was disappointed with the Blackscreen issue & lack of interaction from staff for ~1week
    But Acer_Manny and the Acer team came through with BIOS announcement and upload.
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

No worries mate it came back now, you may check it. I am gonna flash bios and check for issue. Will report soon
  • Brigadier

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    After Installation of so called 'BIOS'
    This nowhere seems like a bios update, just Intel graphics update. I have flashed bios already and this was no where near, nevertheless it won't bother me unless things works fine. Fingers crossed! P.S I think it supports 7th Gen too because it showed up while installation as well as in readme.txt.
  • Roland_Lorinczi
    @Brigadier since you installed that intel vga driver - Could you please check in device manager that driver's version?
    Let's see if it's older/newer/the same that windows update is pushing.

Instructions for FIX

• Brigadier

Tinkerer

I checked the version @Roland_Lorinczi, though the date says 27-03-2018 but the driver version I installed and the one shown in device manager are same, idk why but it solved one of my BSOD issue which occured while performing Intel XTU graphics (integrated) stress test. 
  • Roland_Lorinczi
    @Brigadier Could you share your Driver Version as well along with the date please? 😊

Instructions for FIX

• Brigadier

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Unfortunately same as yours :anguished:, 23.20.16.5018. Probably there isn't new for 7th Gen yet.
  • Brigadier

Tinkerer

@Roland_Lorinczi can you show me your firmware version?
  • Roland_Lorinczi
    @Brigadier Sure thing :) Came with Windows update.

Instructions for FIX

• Roland_Lorinczi
    Thank you @Acer-Manny for the official response.
    Thank you for not being wavered by our rising emotions and for understanding.
    Looking forward to the BIOS :)

Instructions for FIX

• Brigadier

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    @Acer-Manny It's kinda weird to see you all are updating a graphics driver update in BIOS update atleast on Indian support page.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hello,

Brigadier - Thank you for reporting this information, i will have it escalated to the team and will get it moved to the correct section. 

Sorry for the inconveniences,
    Acer-Manny

• Aqeel09
    Aqeel09 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

How to upgrade to latest bios?
    Steps to be followed and requirements to update bios?
    Pls help me out
This discussion has been closed.