Delay when opening file explorer from taskbar.

d980xt
d980xt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've recently experience this scenario, when I open the file explorer from the task bar a delay of 1-4 seconds before the window pops up, but when I use the file explorer from the start menu, the window pops up immediately without delay. Anyone else experiencing this issue? And if any of you found a fix for this?
Thank you! Good day!

Answers

• akhileshrane
    akhileshrane Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I have the same issue, no fixes. Right now, the explorer opens quickly from the start menu option, and I'm using that
  • Deltatech
    Deltatech Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2018
    same, delay from task bar, no delay from start menu. Looking for a fix too. Win+E is quickest
  • Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    d980xt said:
    I've recently experience this scenario, when I open the file explorer from the task bar a delay of 1-4 seconds before the window pops up, but when I use the file explorer from the start menu, the window pops up immediately without delay. Anyone else experiencing this issue? And if any of you found a fix for this?
    Thank you! Good day!
    By any chance are you seeing any stuttering problem? Like when you open Chrome or Firefox, there's happen to be a small stutter like it's lagging? 
    Because I bring this up, as there's seem to be problems where people are opening applications, and there's a lag or stutter when opening, even the file explorer or control panel. 
    Let me know if you happen to get the stuttering problem
  • Sebek
    Sebek Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sobe said:
    d980xt said:
    Thank you! Good day!
    By any chance are you seeing any stuttering problem? Like when you open Chrome or Firefox, there's happen to be a small stutter like it's lagging? 
    Because I bring this up, as there's seem to be problems where people are opening applications, and there's a lag or stutter when opening, even the file explorer or control panel. 
    Let me know if you happen to get the stuttering problem
    Sobe, I recently bought a new Acer Aspire 7 and I'm experiencing the stutter issue you are describing. I get it when I open the Windows Explorer and when I close Chrome.

Is there a fix for this issue?

Thanks!
  • Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi Sebek, unfortunately there's not a fix but there's a workaround.

You can go to this forum and read all about this current issue here:

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    Try removing nvidia experience and see if that works. I opened my task manager, selected nvidia gpu, and opened a few apps, and os file explorers and such. None of the cases triggered 1060.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045