Projector configuration web page password reset.

Communist
Communist Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I changed the administrator password on the web configuration page in my V7850 from admin to, um, apparently I don't know what... I can't log in as Administrator now.

So I reset the projector and I still can't log in.

How to I reset that password!?!  Back to default, or anything,

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Communist 

You need to unlock the projector and disable the password:
    Access the projector with the administrator password. In case you never set or do not know this password, use the default administrator password 1234 or the 6-digit password which is provided on the Security Card, shipped with the projector.
    Once you access the projector menu, press the menu button. Press ▼ twice to go to the Management menu.
    Navigate to Security, and press ► to open the Security menu. If you are prompted for the administrator password, enter the password again. 
    Navigate to User Password. Press ► to set a new password using the numeric keys on the remote control. Press Menu to confirm. (To reset the administrator password, follow the same steps but select Administrator Password)
    You can select when the user will be prompted for the password: only when the power cable has been reconnected, or each time the projector is powered on. Press Menu to confirm.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Nowovved
    Nowovved Member Posts: 1 New User
    I cannot access with the password 1234, and all the documents to the projector have been lost for a long time. Our company used to have another system administrator who did not leave passwords. How can I find out the access password?