Helios 300 factory reset with acer recovery management is not a "factory" reset!

geekromi
geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello to everybody, I could find any solution to my problem: Last Windows update (1803) was creating lot of issues  as stuttering and laggy mouse, left click  delay, and crashes when unplugged (Intel ssd p600 series) so I decided to operate a factory reset hoping to have back the system exactly how it came out of the box (1703 build) I used the acer recovery management  to reset the system with the options: reset this pc/remove everything/just remove my files. but when the procedure was finished the system was again build 1803 and not the 1703 one! why cannot have back the pre-installed version of windows (that should be into the acer recovery partition I suppose) luckily, I have made an usb  recovery media but at the time windows was already updated to build 1709 and so that 's the one that came out on the second try reset by usb recovery media. So, is there any possible way to get my 1703 build back  and above all: WHY IS IT CALLED  "FACTORY RESET" WHICH IS NOT???, (because it will install the last build anyway) is there anyone that made a  "so  called" factory reset having this sort of problem?
any help wold be really appreciated

Answers