XB321HK Weird Artifact

Answers

• RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    2 times a day, this is how I have it on my (unmodified, ~1.5 year old) XB321HK. Some days it's does not happen at all (or maybe I don't notice).

If its result of a "fix", I'd say its barely doing anything, it could be just random luck and no actual fix at all.

• adamlreed93
    adamlreed93 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Well according to Acer-Manny they have my monitor in the engineering department and have re-created the issue and have had my $1000.00 monitor for 15 days now with a total of 25-30 days including the 1st attempt to fix it. I wish they could refund me so I can move on, but they said no. I don't know what else to do. I'm not a lawyer. 
  • RidingTheFlow
     have had my $1000.00 monitor for 15 days now with a total of 25-30 days including the 1st attempt to fix it. 
    Amazing, what a mess. "True premium-grade monitor", you wish.

• adamlreed93
     have had my $1000.00 monitor for 15 days now with a total of 25-30 days including the 1st attempt to fix it. 
    Amazing, what a mess. "True premium-grade monitor", you wish.

It is a mess and sad, I'm shaking my head as why Acer doesn't want to refund the money and make it "go away". Don't they know if you google xb321hk this issue of artifacts pops up not just on this forum, We need a class action lawyer LOL
  • RidingTheFlow
    edited April 2018
    It is a mess and sad, I'm shaking my head as why Acer doesn't want to refund the money and make it "go away".
    ... and take $1000 loss? Heh, no rush. Bet there will be nowhere as many buyers for it now even if they try reselling it, now that cat is out of the bag.

• adamlreed93
    Update: None so far :( Acer-Manny???
  • adamlreed93
    Update: They stated that my monitor was non-repairable and sending a replacement. Crossing fingers this one will work
  • adamlreed93
    Update: They stated that they repaired my original monitor and sending back to me. 
  • lionheart12x
    lionheart12x Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    So they did repair the old one?
  • adamlreed93
    edited May 2018
    So they did repair the old one?
    Yes i called in and they said they actually repaired the original and NO replacement, they had it for a month and extensively tested, crossing fingers
  • adamlreed93
    Update: Received monitor have been testing for 3 hrs and SO FAR rock solid. I have G-Sync ON and have played Diablo 3 for 45 minutes and so far solid, I'll continue to update because well 3hrs is still nothing to be honest 
  • adamlreed93
    Update: Have had it for 2 days and STILL G-SYNC is causing artifacting and blanking issues, turn off G-SYNC and the blanking with artifacting goes away. I'm not even upset anymore it is what it is but Im going to call into support AGAIN. 
  • RidingTheFlow
    Sounds like monitors have plenty of different issues. G-Sync seems to be a separate one.

Have you certain that they've fixed random glitches when on desktop though (or doing nothing at all)?

• adamlreed93
    Sounds like monitors have plenty of different issues. G-Sync seems to be a separate one.

Have you certain that they've fixed random glitches when on desktop though (or doing nothing at all)?

With G-Sync ON yes, desktop and gaming are affected, With G-Sync OFF I have YET to see and blanking or artifacting (desktop or gaming)
  • RidingTheFlow
    So, you have to turn G-Sync off completely? Turning windowed g-sync is not enough? I would think so since monitor stays in "g-sync" mode even if you use fullscreen-only, but just to confirm.

• adamlreed93
    So, you have to turn G-Sync off completely? Turning windowed g-sync is not enough? I would think so since monitor stays in "g-sync" mode even if you use fullscreen-only, but just to confirm.

Thats a great question, I have only been doing Enable G-Sync for windowed and full screen mode OR OFF (currently)
  • adamlreed93

Ok tested both G-Sync Modes and still flickers with artifacting as my video on 5 page of this forum. Currently G-Sync OFF and no issues YET 
  • RidingTheFlow
    edited May 2018
    Ok thanks for confirming. This is not very useful, since whole point of price premium is this is G-Sync monitor. Otherwise it would be pretty mediocre 60Hz UHD.

Acer-Manny, care to comment on this? Why this is still happening - this was going on for almost 2 years now, people send their monitors for repairs, then get it back "fixed" while its still not fixed?  Acer did write a lot of great posts a lot about caring about customers, trying to own to their mistakes, having pride in Predator brand - but we still have to see this translate to actual deeds (and sending monitor back and forth for weeks does not count as "deeds").

• Mir0v
    Mir0v Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hello

I'm new here! 
    I would like to know if there is any update for this issue?

• adamlreed93
    G-Sync is NOT working on another repair, I believe there is NO fix for xb321hk. With G-Sync OFF I get no artifacts, no blanking. I have sent in my/a monitor 3-4 times. I have even got a completely different replacement monitor and it does the same thing. 1st lvl & the Engineering department have had my monitor for 1.5-2 months total and STILL they send me back a monitor that does NOT work with G-Sync ON....Acer-Manny you have been extremely nice BUT this is a forum to explain my experience to the end users as a BEWARE DO NOT BUY a Acer Predator xb321hk monitor. 
This discussion has been closed.