Acer Nitro 5 An515-42 release date

dclanz
dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi there, are there any more details regarding the exact release date of the Acer Nitro 5 An515-42 gaming laptop? Pretty excited for it and ready to purchase my first Ryzen laptop! :)
If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.

Best Answer

Answers

• Scottmm
    Scottmm Member Posts: 1 New User
    also would like to know its looks like it might be a good unit
  • dclanz
    This is the most I can find in terms of updates and yes I check daily, lol: https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/BE/content/model/NH.Q3REH.003
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
  • dclanz
    I see some unofficial replacement screens are available now on Amazon but no other details of the laptop itself  https://www.amazon.com/AN515-42-Display-Replacement-Screen-Non-Touch/dp/B07C3565WP/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1523480413&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=acer+nitro+5+an515-42
  • SonnySN
    SonnySN Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-nitro-5/preview/#ftag=CADf328eec

looks like it will be available in May in the U.S. 
    they dont specifically say U.S. but it's implicit because UK and AU is unannounced 
  • dclanz
    Yes, I saw that article awhile back but I'm hoping for an April release closer to the 19th. They listed it as coming with the Rx560 in the article but the product page at Acer I linked to in the third post has it as AMD Radeon RX 560 x. More info on the card here http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-rx-560x-spotted-on-3dmark-might-be-just-for-laptops.html 
  • TheRFSpark
    TheRFSpark Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
  • dclanz
    Yep, I see Dell as well trying to get into the affordable gaming market with some new upcoming models https://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/dell-g-series-of-affordable-gaming-laptops-launched-price-specifications-1832341 but an AMD Ryzen laptop with a RX560X? Come on Acer, we're waiting to purchase! :)
  • TheRFSpark
    dclanz said:
    Yep, I see Dell as well trying to get into the affordable gaming market with some new upcoming models https://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/dell-g-series-of-affordable-gaming-laptops-launched-price-specifications-1832341 but an AMD Ryzen laptop with a RX560X? Come on Acer, we're waiting to purchase! :)
    I love the niche of Ryzen, vega and polaris all in one laptop. AMD fan boy yes lol.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Hi, 

Looks like the specified model is already ready to be added to cart from amazon. Please visit the link below.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Nitro-AN515-51-70V4-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B0742BMGY7
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • dclanz
    Rudy21 said:
    Hi, 

Looks like the specified model is already ready to be added to cart from amazon. Please visit the link below.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Nitro-AN515-51-70V4-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B0742BMGY7
    That's a negative Rudy21, the model I'm looking at is the Acer Nitro 5 An515-42 with the AMD Ryzen processor and RX560x video card. What you linked is the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-70V4 with the Intel processor and Nvidia video card.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Oops.. looks like the specifications with AMD ryzen processor is missed out by me.. I really like this model with AMD ryzen processor with AMD graphics card while gaming it would just work as beast 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • khizar
    khizar Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Here's a pre-launch review:
    http://laptopmedia.com/review/acer-nitro-5-an515-42-radeon-rx-560x-review-not-just-a-facelift-there-is-a-new-engine-under-the-bonnet/
    Don't know if this is legit - it probably is. It was (still is, I hope) supposed to come out in April. Been waiting on this one since January! (yes, AMD fanboy)
  • dclanz
    Rudy21 said:
    Oops.. looks like the specifications with AMD ryzen processor is missed out by me.. I really like this model with AMD ryzen processor with AMD graphics card while gaming it would just work as beast 
    It's alright and yes, can't wait to try out AMD's new offerings!

khizar said:
    Here's a pre-launch review:
    http://laptopmedia.com/review/acer-nitro-5-an515-42-radeon-rx-560x-review-not-just-a-facelift-there-is-a-new-engine-under-the-bonnet/
    Don't know if this is legit - it probably is. It was (still is, I hope) supposed to come out in April. Been waiting on this one since January! (yes, AMD fanboy)

Yeah, the waiting is killing me but I've got a good feeling about this combo. Acer needs to have a pre-purchase sale so I can just pay for it and have it shipped on launch. :D
  • TheRFSpark
    Does anyone know if the ship in it is removable and can have a new one put inside of it? That'd be a awesome upgrade laptop. Figured it might be like the ROG one.
  • dclanz
    Does anyone know if the ship in it is removable and can have a new one put inside of it? That'd be a awesome upgrade laptop. Figured it might be like the ROG one.

I've checked around but it doesn't look that way. I imagine the cost would go up a bit if it were that modular in terms of upgrading the processor. I'm hoping I can purchase it with at least 16GB of memory and swap out the 1TB HDD for a 1TB SSD.

• ngoinhahanhphuc
    ngoinhahanhphuc Member Posts: 2 New User
    According to this, this machine plays PUBG not happy
  • TheRFSpark
    dclanz said:

I've checked around but it doesn't look that way. I imagine the cost would go up a bit if it were that modular in terms of upgrading the processor. I'm hoping I can purchase it with at least 16GB of memory and swap out the 1TB HDD for a 1TB SSD.

Anyway you could check when you get your machine you could see if its removable when you get yours? :p and yeah that storage option would be great.
  • RogueArwen
    RogueArwen Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have been waiting for this laptop to come out also. I just spoke with a person from the Acer Store on the phone and they told me there is still no exact release date they could give me, but it should be "soon"
  • dclanz
    According to this, this machine plays PUBG not happy
    It should, I don't see why not.

dclanz said:

Anyway you could check when you get your machine you could see if its removable when you get yours? :p and yeah that storage option would be great.

Lol, probably when I do a repaste of the thermal compound.

I have been waiting for this laptop to come out also. I just spoke with a person from the Acer Store on the phone and they told me there is still no exact release date they could give me, but it should be "soon"

Sigh, and the suspense continues. Keep an eye on Amazon, eBay and Acer's own store though, it should begin to pop up there soon.
  • TheRFSpark
    Any news anyone?