My monitor K202HQL doesnt support 1600x900

Options
Froxxykin
Froxxykin Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi, so I bought this monitor 7 months ago. When i checked the specs it says that this monitor native is 1600x900 res, but when i tried to change into 1600x900 it says "input not supported", I tried using HDMI and DVI into my VGA card but it didnt work. please help

Best Answer

• Pandu
    Pandu Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Try the below methods.

Method 1:

You may try changing the resolution of the Monitor and then check for the issue.

1. Go to Settings.

2. Select System.

3. Click on Display and move the slider to change the Resolution.

For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Method 2:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

1. Click on start icon and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

Further, if there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then trying installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Pandu
    Pandu Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Try the below methods.

Method 1:

You may try changing the resolution of the Monitor and then check for the issue.

1. Go to Settings.

2. Select System.

For reference:

Method 2:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

Further, if there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then trying installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

• Froxxykin
    Options
    Pandu said:

Try the below methods.

Method 1:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Select System.

For reference:

Method 2:

Method 3:

i tried method 1 and 2 and it didnt work, if i try method 3 will my Win10 downgrade into Win8?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Nope, it only installs the driver pretending to be W8.
  • Froxxykin
    Options
    billsey said:
    Nope, it only installs the driver pretending to be W8.
    aight thx

• Froxxykin
    Options
    None of the methods work :(
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Any chance your video card is setting something other than 60Hz vertical? Supported WXGA+ resolution is 1600x900 at 60Hz, it won't do that resolution at different frequencies.
  • FlameAble
    FlameAble Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Bump, my monitor only give me access to 1366x768 resolution. Any idea?
  • dinglestick
    dinglestick Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Bump... I too have this problem.
  • Nicovar
    Nicovar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    It sounds like you do not have a 1600x900 Acer K202HQL monitor but instead an Acer K202HQL ABD monitor that runs at 1366x768.