HDMI IN on Z24-880

Robcris
Robcris Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi everybody, 
I tried to use my AIO Z24-880 as a display for another PC through the HDMI IN port. But when I connect the cable to the HDMI IN port, nothing happens. There'a a button below the screen, pushing it appears a menu that seems to be used to switch the input (PC/HDMI IN). Unfortunately the HDMI port remains grey, no way to move and select it. I also tried to push the button during a computer shutdown, and for few seconds the screen of the other PC appeared...  but no way to know how it happened or to repeat it. Did someone with this AIO succeed in managing the different screen inputs?

thanks in advance

Robcris

Answers

• Hello,
    According to the specifications of AIO Z24-880, the HDMI port is an output and not an input.
    Extract:

- 1x USB 2.0

- 4x USB 3.1 Gen 1

- Lan (RJ-45)

- HDMI® Output

France
  • Robcris
    Robcris Member Posts: 2 New User
    You're right, official specifications do not mention HDMI IN port , but have a look to the service guide, below:
    The question is: how to manage this HDMI port? 
    Pressing the OSD button  appears an OSD menu with 5 choices: PC, HDMI, Brightness, screen off, exit. Unfortunately the first three are grey, the only working is screen off (and exit, of course). So it's clear that this menu enable you to select the input, but how to activate it?
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    edited February 2018
    Hello,
    If you read the document, you'll be able to see:
    • NOTE: If the icon is grayed out, then it cannot be selected.
    So this input is an option according to the models.
    France
  • lancelot501
    lancelot501 Member Posts: 1 New User
    To use the hdmi in, I turn my computer on (Z24 890 AIO) then put the computer in sleep mode. The screen should stay on and turn automatically to hdmi in if something is plug in. That's how it worked for me.