Aspire ES1-533-C6GM

Mags64
Mags64 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello all!  New to this community, and a first time laptop owner.  Just bought the above mentioned model.  Any hints and tips for the new user as to what to keep in mind, how to care for my machine, etc.  Also, I have it plugged in now, doing the initial setup.  How do I charge the battery?  Do I just keep it plugged in until I use it?  Bear with me - I'm a big PC girl, but totally new to laptops.  TIA!

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    With it plugged in, it will charge the battery when needed and stop charging when finished. Keep the air intake screen clean, don't spill liquids on the keyboard. Other than that, care for it like you did your desktops.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    With it plugged in, it will charge the battery when needed and stop charging when finished. Keep the air intake screen clean, don't spill liquids on the keyboard. Other than that, care for it like you did your desktops.
  • Mags64
    Mags64 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

So, I can keep it plugged in always until I need to take it somewhere?  Will that overcharge the battery?  And the air intake is on the bottom from what I can see from the manual?