XB321HK Weird Artifact

Answers

• xb321user
    xb321user Member Posts: 14 New User

what am i suppose to do until then, wait 1 year holding my breathe, are you authorized to setup a rma process to have my monitor exchanged for a newer build date, and if not can you get in touch with somebody who can.

the problem clearly exists, this an open and shut case, and i'm not getting any service, i would like to try a newer manfactured version of this monitor

when a car manfacture releases a faulty  car model, they recall the entire lineup, this is the same exact thing, every early build model has this issue....

• Zenin
    Zenin Member Posts: 1 New User

I am getting the same issue, purshased in the UK in August.

Every few hours i get a split second glitch with vertical bright green lines flickering on screen either on the left or right of the screen.

• slickwilly
    slickwilly Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm so glad this issue is finally being brought to Acer's attention. I've owned my XB321HK since April of last year and have been experiencing this issue ever since. My monitor have a manufacture date of February 2016. I believe the issue has something to do with AUO Panel being used by this display, as the BenQ monitor that uses the same panel has this same issue.

Acer please give us an update on what's being done to fix this!

• daniel66
    daniel66 Member Posts: 1 New User

I can confirm the issue. Can really post anything because it's happening so fast. Mine is made July 2016.

Lucky me, i can return this without any questions asked.(30 days).

Too bad i really like this one. Guess i need to wait 1 or 2 more years before 4K 32 INCH IPS becomes something usual.

Is a fix in progress? Firmware or something?

PS: 10 bit(marketing BS) is not visible in nvidia CP. Guess is either an issue with the monitor or is just 8 bit + dithering.

• brighttail
    brighttail Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Greetings,
    There was another thread about this issue that was over 15 pages long that had Acer representatives talking to us about this issue. Apparently they had finally gotten a sample back from a customer and could duplicate the problem and then nothing.  It seems that the whole thread is gone.  Is there a reason for this?  Has Acer finally identified the problem and come up with a solution?  Am I missing the other thread somewhere?  I mean if Acer deleted that thread that is pretty telling. :(
  • RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Oh, when you think they could fall any lower, now looks like Acer took "forum upgrade" as opportunity to whitewash threads which didn't show them in best light - and I guess they could always blame "glitch" on lost posts - it wasn't on purpose, totally ;)

Luckily, I've saved screenshot of their 2-month-long rep response with claim that "issue was passed on to engineers" from previous forum. I will restore this, along with links to my video that shows how their "premium monitors" are glitching in all its glory.

Can't have people buying this monitor without knowing what they are bargaining for, can we? ;)

• RidingTheFlow
    I also like how they've marked this thread as "solved" now ;) While in fact nothing was ever "solved" about this mess.

• RidingTheFlow
    So, since Acer in their infinite wisdom decided to delete a whole year+ worth of people complaints about artefacting on XB321HK, their service centers wasting people time & money claiming "can't reproduce issue", Acer playing clueless, etc.etc.

Here are (now deleted) posts of Acer's rep claiming that yay! finally they've got a unit at head office and managed to indeed confirm artefacting issue - and "passed it to engineers"!

Note that all this happened two months ago - and guess what, since then Acer went dead quiet. I guess engineers explained that this is a) issue with AUO panel 4K TCON chips not being 100% perfectly stable (probably due to some corners cut) and b) fixing it will amount change to chip manufacture and recall of all affected panels. Now Acer probably kicking themselves for admitting issue in first place ;) Note similar threads for their other monitors with problems - issues like these never get truly fixed (save for empty claims again to send it to service, which does nothing except placebo). Basically Acer just lets its slide then release NEW! AWESOME! PREMIUM! MONITOR! (which will have its own issues, but they occur very rarely for small amount of people, really really promise) - and rinse and repeat.

Caveat Emptor. If you bought XB321HK and have annoying glitching issues I recommend explaining your retailer all this and refunding it as shoddy quality product with no appropriate mitigation from manufacturer.

• RidingTheFlow
    Video which shows how glitching looks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDtw8jh-Cw
  • kalandon
    kalandon Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Yes, convenient how 21 pages just went poof. Would be great to hear from them again after two months of silence.
  • adamlreed93
    adamlreed93 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I'm experiencing the same issue with my Acer Predator XB321HK any fixes yet?
  • SpacedMN
    SpacedMN Member Posts: 2 New User
    Terms of service where updated also. interesting
    Acer I'm still here i still want answers on the $1,400 monitor that i bought. This should of never hit the market.
  • adamlreed93
    adamlreed93 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Well Acer hasnt responded, there is no fix out, i bought an extended warranty with Newegg and they have a great return policy , I solved this issue and will NOT buy Acer ever again
  • Vimes
    Vimes Member Posts: 1 New User
    So, since Acer in their infinite wisdom decided to delete a whole year+ worth of people complaints about artefacting on XB321HK, their service centers wasting people time & money claiming "can't reproduce issue", Acer playing clueless, etc.etc.

Here are (now deleted) posts of Acer's rep claiming that yay! finally they've got a unit at head office and managed to indeed confirm artefacting issue - and "passed it to engineers"!

Note that all this happened two months ago - and guess what, since then Acer went dead quiet. I guess engineers explained that this is a) issue with AUO panel 4K TCON chips not being 100% perfectly stable (probably due to some corners cut) and b) fixing it will amount change to chip manufacture and recall of all affected panels. Now Acer probably kicking themselves for admitting issue in first place ;) Note similar threads for their other monitors with problems - issues like these never get truly fixed (save for empty claims again to send it to service, which does nothing except placebo). Basically Acer just lets its slide then release NEW! AWESOME! PREMIUM! MONITOR! (which will have its own issues, but they occur very rarely for small amount of people, really really promise) - and rinse and repeat.

Caveat Emptor. If you bought XB321HK and have annoying glitching issues I recommend explaining your retailer all this and refunding it as shoddy quality product with no appropriate mitigation from manufacturer.

I had popped back in to see if Acer had made any progress with the screen glitching, having returned my 32" 4k BenQ which had half screen corruption, flicker glitch issues.
    I wondered where the thread had gone which I had subscribed to. 

I get the impression that there will not be a solution for the glitching noted on some of the monitors which are affected, other than not buying one.
  • kalandon

Tinkerer

I wonder how long we have to wait this time to get a response. It's been 3 months since you allegedly received monitors with the issue (which would be every one but then you'd have to admit a general problem) and we haven't heard anything about it.
    Care to respond dear Acer staff?
  • mikeke
    mikeke Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've encountered the same issue with my brand new XB321HK from Micro Center. Any idea when a potential fix will be released?
  • kalandon

Tinkerer

@mikeke: If possible, I'd recommend returning the monitor. With how things are going, there probably won't ever be one.
    The issue was first reported in 2016 and we still are nowhere.
  • MrZbrush
    MrZbrush Member Posts: 1 New User
    ive got the same monitor a month ago, last 2 weeks i stared experiencing the same issue, switched the DP cable to different DP port on GPU, issue seems to disappear, once i connect it again to the same port and flickering comes back ... 
  • RidingTheFlow
    MrZbrush said:
    ive got the same monitor a month ago, last 2 weeks i stared experiencing the same issue, switched the DP cable to different DP port on GPU, issue seems to disappear, once i connect it again to the same port and flickering comes back ... 
    Last week I hadn't have a single glitch. And I didn't do anything.
    Today I've got 3 glitches in 30 minutes.

Its *not* DisplayPort-related. It happens even with HDMI, which has completely different cable & interface. The issue is internal to monitor (or, rather, the panel). Hence faffing around with DP ports & cables is only a placebo.

• Hibiki
    Hibiki Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2017
    The reason that 22 threads went poof is due to the fact that an ACER rep came on and explicitly admitted that ACER was in fact aware of the issue the entire time, however the fact that it was part of a defect w/ the original panel mfc, and it was to expensive for them to fix, meaning that there was no insurance with the panel mfc to fix their own issue, ACER ultimately dropped it and removed the evidence, but its still up on the internet archives and those that took screenshots. 

Due to the sheer amount of returns at amazon/newegg they removed it so that it would not be linked to, luckily I was able to show newegg on mine prior to them taking it down to which I got a full refund.

What does this mean?   Acer does not care about you 1 bit, it is simply in the business to make money, and while that is the goal of any business, there is 0 as far as customer support.

FYI for those that were curious, Acer tried to hide a LOT of information after it blew up.

puu.sh/yzw9T/d1ba288904.png
This discussion has been closed.