Acer XV 15 heating issue

zzyzx0788
zzyzx0788 Member Posts: 2 New User

I just got my Acer XV 15 laptop and while everything seems to be running pretty well, I've noticed that the laptop heats up pretty badly towards the back while I'm playing games.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

It's normal to get high temps while playing games, however, you need to keep checking the temps with a monitoring tool like HWmonitor or similar utility. The CPU will shut down the laptop if it goes beyond the accepted level but if it rises above 85°C-90°, you need to take action to bring it down.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

• zzyzx0788
    zzyzx0788 Member Posts: 2 New User

I literally just bought the computer and its already having bad and immediate issues overheating. Im trying to find out if theres a way to increase the fan or something

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• Lawson
    Lawson Member Posts: 2 New User

Ya, Id like to chime in here.  My new Acer with the i7 7700 hq is hitting temps of 95c when playing games like Overwatch...  This doesn't seem tenable in the long term.  

• ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon

96C???96C???

i cant enjoy the game if the laptop heat up  like this :'(

this make me uncomfort because thinking the heats of the CPU Smiley Sad

• Flavoredboi
    Flavoredboi Member Posts: 2 New User

have u tried using a good coolpad?

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Cooling pad won't help when the fault is in the thermal paste.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• jkfoong
    jkfoong Member Posts: 1 New User

Undervolt your CPU and cache voltage offset by -100mV.

• raewe36
    raewe36 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2021
    I have also acer 15 but never faced this issue ever but I am watching that so many people are facing this issue so I will suggest you to see here for its guidance 
  • johnacostilla
    johnacostilla Member Posts: 6 New User
    I also have acer and i work for 8hours daily on my project Muqeem visa and after it i play games like COD but didn't face any issue like this
  • smjawadqadri
    smjawadqadri Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have also Acer 15 but never faced this issue ever but I am watching that so many people are facing this issue so I will suggest you see here for its guidance