Disappointed in Acer support

Options
Lucio001
Lucio001 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I just bought an Acer predator Helios 300 and the model is missing 2nd HDD connector.
I just call in acer support Sweden at 4 : 30 PM September 5th Sweden time and your supporter didnt help me resolve my problem also he hang up on me too.
So this Acer Predator Helios 300 are not supposed to come with the 2nd HDD connector? you cant upgrade it and cant install 2nd hdd on the device?
I have look through youtube and most people seems to have an easy installation on this 2nd HDD but NOT ME.
Acer please answer so i can know if i should refund and buy MSI instead or not.

PS. This is the HDD caddy im talking about and Acer Sweden support i just call dont know what it is and my laptop is missing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVzY-0Vtg1A

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

You're talking about the piece that secures the hard drive correct, not the actual SATA connector that you plug into. If so:

This has happened to a few others: http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Preadator-helios-300-missing-hdd-bay-mounter-tray/td-p...

You can contact Acer-Blayn via private message (http://community.acer.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/13) he seems to be the one that can sort you out, he's helped a few others with the same issue.

• Lucio001
    Options

Hello Flx
    I think it is the SATA connector im talking about here, not the cover.
    Right now my laptop have no way to connect with SATA HDD, aside from ssd m.2

• Flx
    Options

Lucio001 wrote:

Hello Flx
    I think it is the SATA connector im talking about here, not the cover.
    Right now my laptop have no way to connect with SATA HDD, aside from ssd m.2

Oh I see, that is a different problem altogether. So you have the silver metal bracket but not the black connector/plug? You can still try contacting Acer-Blayn about it see what they say

• Lucio001
    Options

Thanks a lot Flx, you are more better than Sweden Acer supporter.

The supporter i contacted dont even know what SATA connector is and ask me to buy a HDD instead, while im asking him how can i connect it if i dont have the connector.
    Then Acer Sweden supporter simply replied ACER also dont sell the connector.
    I was like, What the heck? then where am i suppose to get it lmao.

• Flx
    Options

Lucio001 wrote:

Thanks a lot Flx, you are more better than Sweden Acer supporter.

The supporter i contacted dont even know what SATA connector is and ask me to buy a HDD instead, while im asking him how can i connect it if i dont have the connector.
    Then Acer Sweden supporter simply replied ACER also dont sell the connector.
    I was like, What the heck? then where am i suppose to get it lmao.

lol yea that sounds frustrating. Hopefully you can get it sorted out soon though

• peoecp
    peoecp Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I have a G5-793.

I had a hard time getting Acer in Sweden to understand that I was missing the HDD caddy and the connection cable.

They wanted me to find a reseller and buy it from them.

I had to send the computer to Germany to fix a problem and I asked them if they could help me.

They sent the Hdd caddy and the connection cable for free.

• Lucio001
    Options

Hello! Peoecp and thank you for your advice.
    Its good to know that it can work out with Acer Germany.

But, well, i dont know right now since it would probably take the same time for refund.(since my Acer just age 1day only)

I just want to try out a different choice from what i have had ( my main product choice is MSI and was Asus, still love Asus though but it was a bit outdated when compare with the other brands in the market )
    The thing is, this Acer predator Helios 300 is not only quite cheap on the market for access to i7 7gen + 1060 6gb right now but it also have an easy access to HDD and Ram, which for other brands you will need a full dissemble to access those.

New Acer laptop is quite interesting and i decided to give it a shot on this laptop.

Guess it just my luck that my first purchase turn out to be like this.
    Anyway, im really appreciate Acer community helphand here, both of you two are way way way better than Acer Sweden support. I really thank you two from the bottom of my heart.

I regret called Acer Sweden support, I should come here and ask here first.
    I'd say it just our support center here is not that good and it leave a bad taste in my mouth.
    Acer product is interesting, but yeah... im kind of speechless of what happened.
    I have never had the same problem with other brands before.

Ps. plus Acer-Blayn too, he is helpful to me in the PM too.

• Flx
    Options

Hey it happens maybe the techs were having a bad hair day, glad the community can help you out though. The Helios is a beast for the price/power ratio so it's a solid choice. It appears that Acer quality control missed something in one of the batches of helios but with people like Acer-Blayn around they seem to want to make the situation right, you just have to contact the right people Smiley Wink