Acer Aspire v17 nitro black edition, nvidia gpu is gone after BSOD

northest
northest Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello community, uhmm i resetted my pc from Windows 10 settings, then i installed all latest drivers. After a little time,

while playing cs go, pc get in BSOD and after a restart, my nvidia gpu doesn't seem. It just don't work. Can't see it in Device Manager, can't see it in right-click menu, everything about Nvidia has gone. And when i try to install driver again, it says no nvidia card detected.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Don't you worry, your GPU probably didn't fail. Go to device manager, click on view and then show hidden devices. After that there should be a section called 'other devices'. Your driver will appear as 'display'. Right click on it, then properties, driver and roll back driver.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• northest
    Ok, when gpu goes, i re-install driver from device manager and after a restart gpu comes back. But how can i prevent it from crashing?
  • northest

It gives "GTX 860M" is not removable error. And only when i play games, not in normal use.

• ven98
    Have you downloaded the latest drivers?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• northest
    I even updated the bios to the latest version. Whole of my drivers including gpu is in the latest version
  • ven98
    How are your temperatures?
    What is the error code you get?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• northest
    Tempreture is normal, maximum 60 C°. And there is no error code. The error sample is this: https://goo.gl/images/wLcy8Y